Problem with Converting word to pdf when a content control contains a table

Hi,
We have an application which generates word documents and populates values in these content controls.

We use ASPOSE.WORDS to convert the generated word document to PDF .

We have seen a wierd error when the document has a table within a content -control, the generated PDF does not have all columns present in table.
To Illustrate the problem, here’s a sample document and output generated.

The sample document has two tables one outside the content control and other within the content control.

This the sample code I am running. I have used the aspose.words 13.9.0 on .Net 4.5
I have tried running the sample on the latest available aspose. words release too.

using Aspose.Words;

static void main()
{
Document target;
using (MemoryStream docxStream = new MemoryStream(documentBytes))
{
target = new Aspose.Words.Document(docxStream);
}

target.UpdateTableLayout();
target.RemoveUnusedResources();

MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream();
target.Save(pdfStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);
File.WriteAllBytes(“TestWithTable.pdf”, pdfStream.ToArray());
}

Hi Sudhindra,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.5.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-10366. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,
Do we have a ballpark ETA for the fix ?
We rely on aspose heavily and this is a critical issuer for us.

Thanks,

Sudhindra

Hi Sudhindra,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, at the moment we cannot provide you any reliable estimate either. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

I was wondering, if there are any updates on this ?

Hi Sudhindra,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. However, keeping in view the complexity of this issue, the implementation of the fix has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

It’s been 10 months since this issue cropped up. Do you have any fix for this yet? It is critical for us to get a fix for this issue.

Regards,
Nikhil

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for your inquiry. The issue occurs because Aspose.Words does not re-calculate table grid stored in the document. The problematic table has auto-fit layout and a table grid stored. All cells seem to have auto tcw. MS Word recalculates the grid according to the content, but Aspose.Words does not. The issue is to be addressed per WORDSNET-832. However, the current code of WORDSNET-832 does not work in this scenario, so, we have postponed the fix until WORDSNET-832 is ready. Unfortunately, there is no ETA available either. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10366) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.