In our application we use Aspose.Diagram to convert Visio files from old format (vsd) to new (vsdx). In most cases this works but we have found a document which cause a problem.
Here is a test project to reproduce the issue:
VisioTest.zip (145.1 KB)
To reproduce a problem:
- please select a destination path and press a button. A new file (vsdx) will be created.
- Please open this file in the latest Visio application. This is important to test this in the latest visio, because in previous versions we do not see this problem.
- Now please drag a basic shape to a canvas. When we do this, we get message box with error:
screenshots.zip (2.1 MB)
- When using the original VSD file this problem is not reproducable
- When converting the original VSD to VSDX using Visio itself, the problem cannot be reproduced
So it looks like the VSD --> VSDX conversion that the Aspose component does causes some problems in the files itself, and these problems can only be reproduced when using recent version of Visio.
Here you can find some visio files for testing:
I hope you will be able to fix this problem.