Problem with dragdrop from Outlook when setting the AllowDrop property

I am implementing the Outlook dragdrop function following closely the example code in Aspose Documentation. It is working properly. Now I want to control the AllowDrop property at runtime in code, so that some times I want the user to be able to drag drop from Outlook, and other times I want to prevent the user to perform drag drop from Outlook. In my code I set MyPanel.AllowDrop = False. This works, and drag drop stops working. However, if I try to reinstate the function in code with MyPanel.AllowDrop = True, it does not work and drag drop remains non-functional. It is as if setting AllowDrop to True in code has no effect.

Also, I think there is an inconsistency in the example. Step 10 says to set the AllowDrop property to True in the designer properties panel. And step 11 says to set MyPanel.AllowDrop = True in the InitializeComponent() method of the form. But that line of code is already placed there by setting the property in step 10. (in the .Designer file). Did I misunderstand something in the example?

Please tell me how I can enable or disable the Outlook dragdrop function from Outlook at runtime in Code using the example code. My environment: Windows 7, Framework 4, VS 2010, VB.Net, Aspose.Email version 3.7.0.0.

Thank you very much,
Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 4.2.0 and have logged it as NETWORKNET-34392 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. Once there is any information available in this regard, we'll update you here via this thread here.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for your reply - and I’m glad you were able to reproduce the problem. I was able to accomplish my objective by setting MyPanel.Enabled. The Enabled property of the subclassed panel does exactly what I needed, but it would be good to resolve the behavior of the AllowDrop property.

You did not comment on what I said about an inconsistency in the example. What do you think?

Thank you,
Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for writing to us again.

The issue of AllowDrop is already logged and development team will work on it on its turn.

You are right about the in-consistency in the example code. It should be set at any one of the place only and thank you for notifying the problem. We will correct it soon.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.