Problem with Gridlines showing in PDF and XPS Saved Output

Using version 7.5.2 Aspose.Cells.dll

Saving a worksheet to PDF or XPS format with a color fill cell pattern in the spreadsheet, sometimes shows the gridlines.

In the example sheet, Row 1 saves and outputs to PDF and XPS ok. Row 3 does not.

The only difference in the rows is that Row 1 has text in cell B1, which is centred across selection.

Row 3 has no text in cell B3.

This was not and issue under version 7.4.3.4

Please see attached:

Source Spreadsheet - BlockFormatPrint.xlsb

Saved PDF file: BlockFormatPrint.pdf

Saved XPS file: BlockFormatPrint.xps

The code to re-produce:

private void ReproduceBlockFormatSaveIssue()
{
Workbook sourceWorkbook = new Workbook(@"C:\BlockFormatPrint.Xlsb");
sourceWorkbook.Save(@"C:\BlockFormatPrint.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf);
Process.Start(@"C:\BlockFormatPrint.pdf");
sourceWorkbook.Save(@"C:\BlockFormatPrint.xps", SaveFormat.XPS);
Process.Start(@"C:\BlockFormatPrint.xps");
}

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to PDF and XPS formats. The blank Row 3 in the PDF and XPS formats with a color fill cell pattern shows the grid lines which it should not show. I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-41981" for your issue. We will look into your issue to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Just wondering how you are getting on with this issue and if there is any update.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Please download and try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3.4 your issue is partially fixed in it. PDF rendering is OK but XPS rendering still shows the gridlines. We are still working over it, once it is fixed, we will let you know here.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Many thanks Amjad,

Have just smoked tested and looks great. Thank you very much. Can you let me know when you have sorted out the issue with XPS please.

You guys are awesome, I really appreciate your help.

What part are the world are you based in...??? I'm in Sydney Australia most of the time.

Again many thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know it solves the issue regarding PDF rendering. Regading XPS rendering issue, I am not in the position to provide an eta at the moment, if I have an update on it, I will let you know immediately here. Please keep in touch.

Aspose always tries to take care of and address the clients’ issues in quick time. The company has also a help / support desk which is always efficient to handle client inquires or issues. We have developers around the globe who work in different timings in different parts of the world.

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other queries or issue, we will be glad to help you soon.

Thank you.