Problem with Images not working

Hello,
I’m going to make this short as i’m having to type it two times.
The problem is with trying to get an image to load. I have been able to do it from a file using a file stream and loading into the ImageStream and it works fine.
The problem is that i am trying to get a value from a xml document that is encoded with a base64. I read the value out as a string, convert it to a byte array, and put it into a memory stream for the ImageStream.
I have tried passing it as the value as a string, char[] and byte[], but on the first two i get a “file cannot be found” type exception, and with the byte[] i get a not supported exception.
When i add an event handler to the image, and wrap up the base64 string into a memory stream, i get a “Parameter is not Valid” argument exception with no more error info, so i really am not sure what is going wrong there.
My handler looks like:

void MergeImageFiledHandler(object sender, Aspose.Words.Reporting.MergeImageFieldEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.FieldValue != null)
    {
        e.ImageStream = new MemoryStream((byte[])e.FieldValue);
    }
}

And fieldvalue is a byte[] that is served up by an xml reader that converts the string into a byte[].

Hi
Thanks for your request. Please attach sample XML and your template for testing. I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.