Problem with install - "referenced assembly could not be resolved"

I have two development machines. One machine is able to reference Aspose.Words and compile, etc. One the other machine, I get the following error:

The referenced assembly "Aspose.Words, Version=9.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NetFramework, Version=4.0, Profile=Client". Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project.

On the machine that behaves correctly, the project is referencing the version of Aspose.Words that targets the 3.5 client.

On the problem machine, it appears that the assembly reference is trying to point to the version of Aspose.Words that targets the 1.1 framework. I have tried removing the reference from the project and then readding it, but as soon as I try rebuilding the project on that machine, it thinks it is looking at 1.1 again.
What I think MAY be the source of the problem is that I an not running as an administrator on the problem machine. The other major difference is that the problem machine is Win XP sp3, and the happy machine is Windows 7 x64.
Thanks for any light you can shed on this problem!

Hi Gerald,
Thanks for your request. I do not think that this is permission problem.
The exception that occurs when you try using Aspose.Words for .NET 1.1 in the application that targets .NET 4.0 is expected, because Aspose.Words for .NET 1.1 and 2.0 has reference to System.Web. So in the application that targets .NET 3.5 or 4.0 you have to use Aspose.Words .NET 3.5 Client profile that does not have this reference.
Best regards,

I follow you, but what would cause the incorrect reference? The reference is correctly pointing at the 3.5 client version of Aspose.Words on the first machine. When I get the project from TFS on the second machine, it insists on trying to use the Framework 1.1 version of Aspose.Words. I have tried manually changing it on the second machine, but when it builds, it appears those changes are ignored and the project goes back to trying to reference the 1.1 version when I get back to check the references in the IDE.
Thanks,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,
Thank you for additional information. Could you please create a simple project that will demonstrate the issue? I will try to reproduce the problem on my side and provide you more information.
Best regards,

I created the Windows WPF project in VS 2010 using Visual Basic. I added the Aspose.Words reference, using the 3.5 client version. Added some code to set the license, open Word document, etc. Everything compiles and runs correctly. Everything is checked into TFS. On the other machine I get the code from TFS and open it in Microsoft Expression Blend. The reference is showing in Blend as pointing at the 1.1 version of Aspose.Words. It will not build, reporting error I’ve already mentioned.
I can’t figure out why I cannot get it to point to the correct version of Aspose.Words. If I remove the reference on the Blend machine, and attempt to re-add it, pointing to the 3.5 client version of Aspose.Words, it seems to ignore that and insist on still pointing to 1.1 version.
I will get some time to play with it again this afternoon. Hopefully it is something stupid I am doing on this end, or else it is getting confused in TFS, or something. I had hoped that it was a permissions issue, but we had an admin elevate the user account and run the install using the user account, and, while this causes Aspose.Words to install and be visible in the user’s add/remove programs, it did not change the error we are getting.
Gerald

Hi
Thank you for additional information. Have you tried creating an application from scratch on your other machine? Can you compile this application?
Best regsrds,

Sorry to be so long in closing this out. The problem was there were two different versions of Aspose installed on the machines, 9.5 and 9.7. Once the correct version was installed on the other machine the problem went away.

Hi
It is perfect that you managed to resolve the problem. Please let me know if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,