Problem with japanese characters

while converting the below file the text is not converting

its character encoding :shift jis

Hi Bharathkumar,

I have observed the presentation file shared by you. Can you please share the details of the issue that what you are trying to achieve your Aspose.Slides. Please also share the sample code and generated output with us that is highlighting the issue. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

i Bharathkumar,

I used the latest version (14.3.0) at my end and output looks fine to me. Please check the attached PDF and share if you see any issue in that. Following was my code.

Presentation pres = new Presentation("Smartdocs+新 ご説明資料.ppt");
pres.Save("Smartdocs+新 ご説明資料.ppt.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf);

Best Regards,

Hi Bharatkumar,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.5.0 on my end and exported that to PDF. I have not been able to observe the issue in the PDF. For your kind reference, I have attached the generated PDF as well. If there is still an issue then please share the complete issue details along with snapshot pointing the issue with us and I will try my best to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

I have enclosed the txt file which contains shift jis encoding .

When i tried converting the file to pdf the resultant pdf file is not recognizing the shiftjis characters!!!

File: o2toenno_maki_utf8(3).txt

My understanding (Pls update me if i’m wrong) :

Aspose converting them as utf 8 & not recognizing the shift jis encoding

Query

So what to do with files contains shift jis character encoding ?

Does aspose have mechanism to handle the shift jis encoding ?

Hi BharatKumar,

I have worked with your presentation in Linux environment and have been able to generate the PDF. As shared over live support, the improper rendering is owing to missing fonts on your end. You either need to install the fonts used in presentation in your Linux or load them externally without installing them by using the following code.

FontsLoader.loadExternalFonts(new String[]{"/home/mudasir/workspace/PPT/FontTest"});//here you can added fonts from different locations

PresentationEx presEx = new PresentationEx("/home/mudasir/workspace/PPT/Smartdocs.pptx");
presEx.save("/home/mudasir/workspace/Smartdocs.pdf", com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat.Pdf);

The following fonts are used in your presentation and you need to make them available in your Linux for correct rendering.I have shared some of fonts that I have and that have been used in your presentation. By these fonts, the presentation is exported to PDF. I hope you will understand the concept.

1. AR P丸ゴシック体M
  2. Arial
  3. Meiryo UI
  4. MS Pゴシック
  5. MS UI Gothic
  6. MS UI Gothic
  7. Wingdings

Many Thanks,