Problem with PdfFileSecurity

Hi. I have a problem with the brand new Aspose.Pdf, Version=6.5.0.0.

Using the PdfFileSecurity to dissallow Print/Copy the webserver uses almost a 400 Mb ram during the process and almost 20 seconds to complete the operation. And output.pdf size twice the size

If I use the "old" Aspose.Pdf.Kit, Version=5.3.0.0 the operation uses around 100 MB memory on the webserver and completes in 4,7 seconds. And output size about the same as input

I have an production site with an timeout issue and I suspect aspose.pdf to be the reason.
Should I convert back to the old pdf.kit ? Or are there another solution?

I have attached a test-site + the document i have run this test on.

After some testing with Red Gate Memory Profiler the implications of using the new aspose.pdf.facades to set FileSecurity are huge !! MemoryStreams dont dispose correct.

Hi Paal,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the sample application.

I am able to reproduce the time consumption issue and memory usage issue with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET as mentioned by you. However, the file size issue does not exists when we use the licensed version and also it takes around 19 Seconds (5 seconds less then un-licensed version) to complete the process (which is still quite a lot). I have registered the issue regarding time consumption and memory usage in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33127. For issue regarding file size, please use a valid license and for testing purpose, you may acquire a 30 days temporary license. Please use the below link to acquire a temporary license (choose “Get a Temporary License” option).

http://www.aspose.com/purchase/default.aspx

Sorry for the inconvenience,