Problem with shapes

I have a document produced in Word2007.
There is a drawing area with a flowchart, and after using Aspose.Word (latest version) I am open it again, all connectors between SHAPEs and Arrows missing. Same result in .doc and .docx format.
Attaching the Word file as example.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your inquiry.

After an initial test with Aspose.Words 14.1.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I have attached the PDF file i.e. generated on my side here for your reference. Moreover, could you please double check if you are using the latest version on your side? You can dynamically check if you’re referencing the correct DLL by using the following code snippet:

System.Reflection.Assembly[] assemblies = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies();
foreach (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly in assemblies)
{
    System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyName = assembly.GetName();
    if (assemblyName.Name.Contains("Aspose.Words"))
        Console.WriteLine("Aspose.Words Version Number: " + assemblyName.Version.ToString());
}

Also, you can download the latest version from the following link:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Hi and thanks for the answer…
I don’t think you understand the problem
I have version 14.1.0.0
The problem is if I have a Word file produced in MS Word, and just
open and save it on disk, the lines connected to shapes in a flow chart is not
connected any more.
That is a major problem.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the additional information. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-9810. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

OK…I hope you can fix this fast, because this is a problem, when in fact Word files is being destroying.

Hi Harry,

The problem occurs because Aspose.Words currently does not fully support such connection rules. We we will keep you informed of the status of this issue and let you know via this thread once it is resolved.

Best regards,

What is happening on this problem…
Is a kind of urgent, due the Word files is in fact being destroyed.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. Connection rules are not fully supported by Aspose.Words at the moment. When the document is opened and saved or when shapes are copied, the info about connections is lost. The connectors will stay but not connected. I am afraid, keeping in view the complexity of this issue, the implementation of the fix has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Still not fixed?

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no further news about this issue. The implementation of the fix to this issue has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

It is taking a long time to fix this problem.
There is also a problem with this shapes.
If you Place a hyperlink in a shape or in the text inside a shape, aspose Word just delete the hyperlink!!! Why?

Sorry, I have to more specific…The hyperlinks is deleted when converting the
wordfil into html file.
I am using version 14.5.0.0

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Harry:
If you Place a hyperlink in a shape or in the text inside a shape, aspose Word just delete the hyperlink!!! Why?
Sorry, I have to more specific…The hyperlinks is deleted when converting the
wordfil into html file.

But, could you please attach this Word document and output HTML file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Hi,hereby I send a Wordfile with links on several places.
It seems thar the hyperlinks are OK in text and pics, but in Shapes ther are gone by the wind.
Both in text inside SHAPEs and hyperlinks directly on boxes are not working after
converted to html.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the additional information. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.5.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-10396. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

This problem was notified for 5 month ago, and still not any fixes.
Both these problems is very large and serious problems, and not acceptable.
Could you at least give information, when the problems is solved, specially the removed hyperlinks?

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot provide you any reliable estimate and these issues are not likely to be fixed in the near future. The implementation of these issues has been postponed till a later date and we cannot push it into production right now because there are many other important issues we have to work on. We will inform you via this thread as soon as these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS: If these issues are important to you, and for the fast resolution of these issues, please have a look at enhanced support options - e.g. purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of these issues directly with our development teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issues as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.

If you would like to take advantage of Enhanced Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum -https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6*

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10396) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9810) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.