Problem with truncated long task names

Hello,

when converting the attached mpp file to an image the long task names are truncated (see attached image).

Can you please tell me when this issue can be resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Sacha End.

Hi Sacha,

Thank you for writing to us.

Truncation of long task names was in our knowledge and that is why we have already incorporated a new property FitContent as part of the SaveOptions class. This auto-Fits the contents without truncating the text and will be available in our upcoming product release. Please have a look at the attached output image file that is generated with your source file and let us know if this is fine for you?

In addition, I have also linked this thread with this new enhancement ticket request TASKS-29117. Once the product release is in place, you will get notification about it. We appreciate your patience till then.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Can you please tell me the date when the upcoming product release will be available?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sacha End.

</div>
								</div>

</div>
								</div>

Hi Sacha,

We are planning for the next product release at the end of this week or early next week. You will be notified about product release via this thread automatically once it is in place.

Hello,

thank you for your quick reply!

Best regards,
Sacha End

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-29117) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hello,

I have tried to use the new setting with the following code (C#):

Aspose.Tasks.Saving.ImageSaveOptions SaveOptions = new Aspose.Tasks.Saving.ImageSaveOptions(Aspose.Tasks.Saving.SaveFileFormat.JPEG);
System.Drawing.Graphics Graphics = null;
SaveOptions.RenderParam = new Aspose.Tasks.Visualization.BaseImageRenderParam(Graphics, new System.Drawing.Point(0, 0), new System.Drawing.Size(1280, 1024), 100, 0, false);
SaveOptions.FitContent = true;

In this case, the FitContent flag seems to be ignored.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sacha End.

</div>
								</div>

</div>
								</div>

</div>
								</div>

Hi Sacha,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Tasks as part of your solutions.

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 5.2.0 and have logged it in our bug tracking system under issue id: TASKS-33303. Development team will look into it and once we have any information regarding the resolution of this issue, we’ll update you here via this thread.

If you have any other query/inquiry regarding Aspose.Tasks, please feel free to post to us. We’ll try to assist you further as soon as possible.

Hi Sacha,

Thanks for being patient.

I would request you to please ignore setting the RenderParam, or set it to NULL, and use the remaining code as it is to render the project to image using the new method. The row contents will be rendered properly then.

ProjectReader reader = new ProjectReader();
Project project = reader.Read("9693.mpp"); // See this test project in the attachment
Aspose.Tasks.Saving.ImageSaveOptions SaveOptions = new Aspose.Tasks.Saving.ImageSaveOptions(Aspose.Tasks.Saving.SaveFileFormat.JPEG);
SaveOptions.FitContent = true;
SaveOptions.Timescale = Timescale.Months;
string months = "result_months.jpg";
project.Save(months, SaveOptions);

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I can confirm that without the RenderParam the image renders correctly, but I need to set it in order to disable the legend on each page.

Best regards,
Sacha End.

Hi Sacha,

You are right. In the present rendering technique there is no way to avoid printing legends on each page while setting the contents fitted to cells. We need a little enhancement here to provide the functionality without using the RenderParam. I have logged it in our issue tracking system as TASKS-33320 for our development team’s consideration and once the fix is available for this purpose, we’ll update you here via this thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33303) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33320) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.