Problem with workbooks that contain icons, map charts and 3D models

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells version 17.12.0 for .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.
The code below causes an issue in workbooks that contain icons, map charts and 3D models. After saving a
workbook the mentioned graphic objects are not displayed correctly. Also, the workbook may not be opened at all. Excel displays the following error: “We found a problem with some content in ‘’. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.”

LoadOptions lo = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Auto);
        lo.MemorySetting = MemorySetting.MemoryPreference;
        lo.LoadFilter = new LoadFilter(LoadDataFilterOptions.All);

Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook("d:\\MapChart.xlsx", lo);

OoxmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new OoxmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Auto);

workbook.Save("d:\\_MapChart.xlsx", saveOptions);

Please help.
Thank you.

@GSergey,

Thanks for the sample code and details.

Please provide us your template file “MapChart.xlsx”, we will check it soon.

Hello,

Please download the .zip file here: GraphicIssues.zip
Thank you.

@GSergey,

Thanks for providing us template files.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned using the following sample code with your all three files. I found MS Excel prompts an error message “We found a problem with some content in … Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can…” when opening the re-saved file into it. The issue might be due to unsupported chart(s)/object(s) of MS Excel 2016.
e.g
Sample code:

LoadOptions lo = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Auto); 
            lo.MemorySetting = MemorySetting.MemoryPreference; 
            lo.LoadFilter = new LoadFilter(LoadDataFilterOptions.All); 

Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook("e:\\test2\\MapChart.xlsx", lo); 
            //Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook("e:\\test2\\3DModel.xlsx", lo); 
            //Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook("e:\\test2\\Icon.xlsx", lo); 
            OoxmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new OoxmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Auto); 

workbook.Save("e:\\test2\\out1.xlsx", saveOptions);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45846” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@GSergey

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45846 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@shakeel.faiz

Thank you very much.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45846) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 18.1 update.

Please also check the following article:

@Amjad_Sahi

Thank you very much. All works fine now.

@GSergey,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new version/fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.