Problem with xlsx data reading from application

Hi Team,

My application gives an error while fectching details from .xlsx file that it is unable to read the file, this is hosted on a windows server 2003. When i tested the same on a Windows 7 machine it works fine without error. Aspose cells version is 7.3.5.4. Could you help me out with this. Please let me know if further details are required.

Thanks

Hi Pranathy,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.7.2.1
and see if it resolves your issue.

If your problem persist, then please provide us your source xls/xlsx files (output files if there is any) and the sample code replicating this issue. It will help us look into this issue more precisely and we will be able to help you asap.

Hi Faiz,

I will share with you the xls sheets, but before that could you tell me if the server must contain excel components? because currently where the application is hosted(WS 2003) does not contain MS Office. Could you help me to find this out.

Thanks

Pranathy

Hi Pranthy,

Thank you for writing back.

Please note, Aspose.Cells APIs do not require MS Office or MS Excel components installed on the server to create, manipulate or convert spreadsheets. Although you may require MS Excel or at least Excel viewer installed for viewing purposes only.

Please feel free to write back in case you have further questions or concerns.

Hi,

I have changed the my code with the latest Aspose dll and it worked fine in the debug mode. My application is hosted on a 32-bit Windows server, am unable to upload the xlsx file from another machine. Is this any compatiblity issue, what can i do to resolve this?

Thanks

Pranathy

Hi Pranathy,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest dll. Could you provide us more detail about the problem you are facing. It will help us look into your issue more precisely and we will be able to help you asap.

Hi Shakeel Faiz
I have my application hosted on a Windows Server 2003 sp2. When I run the application from Visual Studio it uploads the excel sheet and works fine. Now when I access my application through a url that connects to the remote machine, it does not recognise the file upload and code gives me an error. When I searched for solutions online, few sites gave me a hint that the code must be changed to accept .xlsx files. But here am using Apose for the functionality of excel, so am unable to figure out where the problem lies and which direction must I search for solution. It'll be a great help if you can resolve this.

Thanks,

Pranathy

Hi Pranathy,

Thank you for further elaboration.

As per your comments, the recently presented scenario does not seem to be a problem in Aspose.Cells for .NET API because you are having issue while uploading the file, whereas Aspose.Cells for .NET API does not offer such features. The problem seems to be more related to the access rights or configuration settings on your server, as you are able to execute the program on your local machine but it gives error when deployed. We would suggest you to check the server logs (if you are maintaining any) to get an idea of the problem cause. We can further help you in this regard if you can provide your application so we could deploy it on our side after replicating your environment (Windows Server 2003 SP2). Moreover, please provide the error details that you are getting while uploading the file.

Hi,

It is not possible to share the code with you but I would request you to join a webex session so that i can demonsrate the problem with the application and you can give a solution for it.

Please let me know if this is ok with you.

Thanks,

Pranathy

Hi Pranathy,

I am afraid, webex session may not be an option because Aspose Support Forums are the best place to discuss technical issues in a controlled environment.

As discussed earlier, we cannot establish your recently presented scenario as a bug on the part of Aspose.Cells for .NET component. This is due to the reason that you are experiencing some problem (you haven’t shared the error details so far) while uploading a file to your server, whereas Aspose.Cells for .NET does not provide such feature. You must be using some .NET control(s) for uploading the files in your application. You can confirm this by removing/commenting all Aspose.Cells for .NET API calls from your application while leaving the code to upload the file intact. Deploy on your server and see how it goes. If you experience the same issue that means Aspose.Cells for .NET API has nothing to do with the error. Moreover, as you are able to execute the program on your local machine without experiencing any problem therefore we believe the problem could be more related to the configuration settings or access rights on the server. We can help you further in this regard, if you can provide the error message along with a sample application replicating the issue. Please note, you do not have to provide your actual application for our review. You can create a simplest, subset of your original application just to replicate the issue on our end. Along with a sample application we also require environment details such as,

• Operating System version (Windows Server 2003)
  • Operating System Architecture (32 bit)
  • Target Framework
  • IIS version (in case you are deploying the application on IIS)
  • Browser used to test the application