Problems after migration from Aspose.Cells 5.0.0.0 to Aspose.Cells 7.0.3.0

Hi,

1/ I've find another issue, the leading 0 are removed.

You can try with the attached file and ImportEngineTestTool (7.0.3.0) (column "Matricule").

2/ About the encoding problem, It works if I set the encoding setting to Encoding.Default in the the TxtLoadOptions, so it seems to be "only" a problem of encoding detection (but that's not an option for me, since I can't force users to upload excel files in a know encoding type).

3/ Is it possible to have a JIRA account, please?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for providing another file.

1) & 2)
We have logged it and we will look into it soon.

3) I am afraid, JIRA is our internal issue tracking system, so you cannot access. You may ask us to know about the status of the issue and we will reply you accordingly.

Thank you.

Hi,

For encoding issue of CSV file, we have changed
the logic of detecting file encoding a bit for other requirements. In v5.0.0, we
use Encoding.Default automatically when user does not specify encoding. In v7.0.x,
we leave this option for user to set by TxtLoadOptions.Encoding = Encoding.Default.
So please add this line of code to keep the same logic and get the same result
with v5.0.0.<o:p></o:p>

For the issue of date format, in fact in v5.0.0 the datetime values have not been parsed but kept as string value when loading from CSV. So their values did not change when you print them as string. In v7.0.x, those values will be parsed into datetime value, but currently it is hard for us to make the date time format to be completely same with the original format in the template file. For your situation, to get the same result as in the CSV file, we think you can use the option:

TxtLoadOption.ConvertNumericData=false.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

1/ Encoding issue, I need to explain my needs :

Our import engine (that use Aspose.Cells) is use in a web application by users around the world, users upload excel files to import data into the application, the files are created on their computer.

=> So If I harcode Encofing.Default, does all others encoding will still be correctly handled by our import engine ?

2/ Data formatting problems :

In the test applications that I provided, ConvertNumericData = false is already set, but not in TxtLoadOptions object, I set it in workbook.Settings.ConvertNumericData = false;

When I try to set this option in TxtLoadOptions with :

TxtLoadOptions loadOptions = new TxtLoadOptions();
loadOptions.Separator = separator.Value;
loadOptions.ConvertNumericData = false;
if (encoding != null)
    loadOptions.Encoding = encoding;

workbook = new Workbook(filename, loadOptions);

I get the exception :
System.ArgumentNullException was caught
Message=Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: pattern
Source=System
ParamName=pattern
StackTrace:
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex…ctor(String pattern, RegexOptions options, Boolean useCache)
at ⡇.刺.ڎ(StreamReader ०, Cells א, Char 剃, Boolean 剀)
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.᫑(Stream ԃ, LoadOptions ᫒)
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.᫑(String و, LoadOptions ᫒)
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook…ctor(String file, LoadOptions loadOptions)
at ImportEngineTestTool.AsposeExcelWorkBookExtensionMethods.ExportDataTableAsString(Workbook workbook, String filename, Nullable`1 separator, Encoding encoding) in C:\Dev-= Divers =-\ImportEngineTestTool (7.0.3.0)\ImportEngineTestTool\AsposeExcelExtensionMethods.Workbook.cs:line 25
at ImportEngineTestTool.Form1.GetDataTableFromFile(String filename) in C:\Dev-= Divers =-\ImportEngineTestTool (7.0.3.0)\ImportEngineTestTool\Form1.cs:line 155
InnerException:

Hi,

1) Yes, everything will be handled and work fine.

2) Could you give us sample template text file here, we will check it soon.
By the way could you also specify the LoadFormat using loadOptions.LoadFormat attribute.
Thank you.

I can't set TxtLoadOptions.LoadFormat, it seems it's only a getter (the property comment is wrong ...), see attached picture.

I update my test application for the ConvertNumericData = false problem (see attachment).

We upgraded from 4.7.1.0 to 7.0.1.0 and we are seeing the same exception. Our sample code looks like this:

Aspose.Cells.TxtLoadOptions test = new Aspose.Cells.TxtLoadOptions(Aspose.Cells.LoadFormat.CSV);
test.ConvertNumericData = false;

Workbook wb = new Workbook(@“C:\Users\qchy\Desktop\Identifiers- importing multiple registers for multiple assets.csv”, test);

my CSV file is simple, it looks like this:

Card #, Vehicle #, Card Label, Department, Site, Station, Address, Date ,Time, Product ID, Product Description, Quantity, Amount, Total Tax, Federal Tax, State Tax, Other Tax, Odometer, MPG, Cost/Mile, Customer No., Manual, Price,Asset,FluidTypeCode,Readings1,Readings2,Readings 3,Identifiers
3,1,sdg,Fire,111,Blore,Blore1,9/17/2011,7:12 AM,1,Diesel #2,10,100,15,10,5,10,7108,0,0,44,7108,45,1,FTC2,100,200,300,100
4,2,fg,Electrical,222,Mysore,Mysore1,9/17/2011,8:12 AM,2,Diesel #3,20,200,25,20,10,20,8000,0,0,55555,7108,55,1,FTC2,200,300,400,100
5,3,ghhhj,police,333,Tumkur,Tumkur1,9/17/2011,9:12 AM,3,Diesel #4,30,300,35,30,20,30,9000,0,0,6666666,7108,65,1,FTC2,300,400,500,100
3,1,sdg,Fire,111,Blore,Blore1,9/18/2011,10:12 AM,1,Diesel #2,10,100,15,10,5,10,7108,0,0,44,7108,45,2,FTC2,100,200,300,101
4,2,fg,Electrical,222,Mysore,Mysore1,9/18/2011,11:12 AM,2,Diesel #3,20,200,25,20,10,20,8000,0,0,55555,7108,55,2,FTC2,200,300,400,101
5,3,ghhhj,police,333,Tumkur,Tumkur1,9/18/2011,12:12 PM,3,Diesel #4,30,300,35,30,20,30,9000,0,0,6666666,7108,65,2,FTC2,300,400,500,101

Hi,

I can find the issue (i.e. found the exception:… Message=Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: pattern) as you have mentioned by a simple CSV file (I created the csv file based on the content in your post):

Sample code:

TxtLoadOptions loadOptions = new TxtLoadOptions(LoadFormat.CSV);
loadOptions.Separator = ‘,’;
loadOptions.ConvertNumericData = false; //If I comment this line, it works fine.
loadOptions.Encoding = Encoding.Default;
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\MyCSV.csv”, loadOptions);

I have logged it and we will soon look into it.

Thank you.

Hi,

Also, since I can't test ConvertNumericData = false solution, can you take care that it will fix the 2 formatting problems observed :

- missing 0 in dates

- missing leading 0 when the cell contains something that can be converted into a numeric

Thanks

Hi,

For the issue of TxtLoadOptions.ConvertNumericData=false, we will provide you a fix soon.

For the issue of encoding, we are afraid you have to specify the encoding to get the correct result. In fact if you change your system encoding other than ISO-8859-1, you will cannot open your given csv template file fine in any editor, including notepad and ms excel.

Thank you.

Is it possible to have a status on this problem, because right our next product packages are blocked due to this problem ...

It could be an option for us to have a temporary assembly (.NET 4.0) that fix the problem.

Thanks

Hi,

For the issue of TxtLoadOptions.ConvertNumericData=false, we will provide you a fix tomorrow.

Thank you for being patient.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.3.4

Hi,

It works, leading 0 are kept in dates and numeric values.

Thanks for the quick fix.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40140) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

hi,

I don't believe it !

There was a leading 0 problem in Aspose.Cells version 7.0.3.0 (see previous posts), you fixed it in Aspose.Cells 7.0.3.4 and the problem is back in 7.0.4.0 !!!

Leadings 0 on date are removed.

Please fix it again and complete your unit testing framework before build next packages.

Can you provide me a fix as soon as possible.

Thanks

Hi,

I tested with some sample files and the code (below mentioned) using latest fix v7.0.4.6 (Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.6), but could not see the issue. We appreciate if you could attach your CSV and output files here. Also paste your code here, we will check your issue soon.

Sample code:
loadOptions.ConvertNumericData = false;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\BkCSV.csv”, loadOptions);

workbook.Save(“e:\test2\output.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Thank you.

Hi,

The problem is easy to reproduce, just put a date with leading 0.

I've attached an example CSV file.

Firs row contains the date 02/08/2011, you will see that aspose returns 2/8/2011.

In 7.0.3.4, I have the good date format 02/08/2011.

Thanks

Hi,

Please use TxtLoadOptions.ConvertDateTimeData property to set it to “false”. Please use our latest fix v7.0.4.6 (as I suggested in my previous post in this thread) with the following code, it works fine as I tested using your file.

Sample code:
loadOptions.ConvertDateTimeData = false;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\Salarié±+CSV±+Encoding.Unicode.csv”, loadOptions);

workbook.Save(“e:\test2\output.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Thank you.

Ah ok, you added a new property for date only, this is much more consistent now.

Thanks