Problems exctracting images from PDF for barcode read

Hello;

I’m evaluating the Aspose.Total package, with a particular eye to the barcode reader and PDF manipulation functionality.

I need to do the following: open a PDF, identify all the barcodes in the PDF (linear / 1D barcodes), read the contents of the barcode, break the PDF into seperate files (pages containing relevant barcodes should become the first page of the new files), and save each file using information in the barcode.

I’m stuck at reading the barcode. I’ve referenced this page: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.barcode/csharp/barcode-reader/read-from-pdf.aspx, and even copied the source code. Unfortunately, while the hosted version works correctly to identify and read the barcode in my file, the copied version does not.

I made one change with my version from the original: as I have the latest version of Aspose.Total, I had to change the extractor from Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PDFExtractor ro Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PDFExtractor.

I believe I have confirmed that this issue is with the extractor, as I added some code to save the bitmap to the filesystem as a JPG, and I’m getting an image which is all black.

I’m really impressed by the listed capabilities of this product, but it looks like the migration of Pdf.Kit into Pdf isn’t going well.

Thank you,

Dominic Hilsbos

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share the source PDF document so that we can test the scenario at our end.We apologize for this inconvenience.

I've attached a file which displays similar behavior ass described above, except this one generates an empty picture file.

I've also attached the modified code file I used to test this functionality.

I'm now also evaluating the Aspose.Total product for Java, and am not having these issues.

Thank you,

Dominic Hilsbos

Perform Air International, Inc.

Is there an update on this issue?

Dominic Hilsbos

Perform Air International, Inc.