Problems exporting to ppt/pptx

After having installed new version of Slides for RS2, we receive following message:

"An error occurred durin glocal report processing. Can't find RS2008 instance in registry.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Does anybody have a solution for this.

Dear Ingrid,

I am sorry to share that I have not been able to completely understand the issue specified by you. However, as per my understanding, I feel that you are unable to access the Aspose.Slides for RS instance. Can you please share that are you able to receieve the PPT/PPTX options in the export list. If not then I may suggest you to try installing the product manually using these guidelines and then share the findings with us.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir,

Thanks for quick reply. Problems on, 2 sides:

- In Visual Studio we have the ppt-options in the drop down export menu. When clicking on one of the options we get the message specified before.

- On our local server it works but the watermark is still on the sheets even after having installed the licence. Do we need another licence for this new version?

Regards, Ingrid

Dear Ingrid,

Actually, Aspose.Slides for Reporting Service license will work in report server mode. All you need is to copy the license file at location where Aspose.Slides.ReportingService.dll is present and try exporting the report from report server. Please follow this link for further details.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello, Will i work then as well in Visual Studio?

Dear Ingrid,

When you export to PPT file from Visual Studio, the exported presentation will have a text box in the top of the generated PPT showing the location of the where the license file is expected. Copy the license file there and hopefully things may work for you. But in case of Report Server the license file will work.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello, The problem is that in Visual Studio we do not get that far. When clicking the export button of one of the ppt extension, the following screen pops up:

"An error occurred durin glocal report processing. Can't find RS2008 instance in registry. Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Hence we can not check any text in the exported ppt file.

Dear Ingrid,

I feel that there may be some non standard configurations have been used with SQL Server. Another possible reason is Aspose.Slides does not have access to the Registry to get information about paths to all ReportingServices instances. In theory, exception can be thrown in this case. Can you please share the complete stack trace with us when you try to export to PPT. It would be great if you may also provide paths on the server where SQL Server and ReportingServices are installed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hello Mudassir,
We still could not solve our problem. On the local server/host we still have watermarkt unless licente has been copied to same folder.

In Visual studio, we have the various ppt-options in the drop down menu but as soon as we click one of the option we get the message a smentioned in previous posts

So the two problems remain.

Could anybody help please.

Dear Ingrid,

We feel that the issue you are encountering is because of the fact the you may be trying to export reports in local mode instead of server mode. Actually, local is not supported and since there is no SQL Server on the machine with Visual Studio, Aspose.Slides can't find SQL and RS instance there. For licensing issue, once you are able to export the report, and the watermark with error message about expected license location will be generated.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

To make things clear. We are talking about a full install of SQL server.

The setup is as following:

· 1 SQL 2008R2 (standard) instance, with SQL reporting services and management studio installed.
· Default path for SQL data and Reporting services data is changed to : E:\SQL… Dll + license file for RS is installed in E:\SQL\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin. The license file is dated from 2/7/2010, maybe this one is not compatible with the new release.
· Visual Studio is installed in the standard directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies). The .dll and .lic file are also copied over there.

Powerpoint slides are rendered via the locally deployed reports on the server, but they show the watermark. Under visual studio, rendering doesn’t work at all. When trying to render a report, we always get the same error message “An error occurred during local report processing. Can’t fnd RS2008 instance in registry. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

The windows log files don’t show any additional information.

I have the impression that with the new release the problem is only partially fixed. Rendering under IIS seems to work, but needs a new license file. In visual studio, there is still a problem with finding the right references in the registry. Maybe you need another release to solve this issue. Can you confirm this, or are we missing something else?

Hello,

Can’t fnd RS2008 instance in registry.” exception only happen if Aspose.Slides can’t find information about RS instance in the registry or simply don’t have even read-only access to registry.

So please do next things:
1. Provide generated presentation with watermark.
2. Check if RS extensions have access to registry.
3. Just in case, please export with regedit full subtree “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server” to the .reg file and provide it for investigation. We read RS instances information there like version number and installation path.

Thank you in advance,

Hello,

I have sent updated Aspose.Slides version by email for testing.