Problems in PDF to JPG conversion

Hi,

we have problems converting the attached pdf document to jpg images using Aspose.PDF for Java. Most of the convertion works correct, but not for all pages:
- On the cover page (page 0), the caption texts at the bottom have some artefacts around it, making it “look strange”.
- Pages 3 and 4 have a dotted vertical line in the middle of the page, which is shown, but on the wrong location.

Can you reproduce this behaviuor and hopefully fix it?

Thanks,
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid I am unable to notice the reported issues, while testing with Aspose.PDF for Java 9.7.0. Please download and try latest version of Aspose.Pdf for Java. If issue persist then please share your sample code and output images, so we will test the scenario at our end and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I tested it using the ersion 9.7.0, but this didn’t help …
Here is a code-snippet of my code for converting a single page:

JpegDevice jpegDevice = this.pdfJpegDevicefactory.build(dpi);
jpegDevice.process(pageCollection.get_Item(pageIndex), path);

I have attached the converted images, the cover with the artefacts around the captions and the 2 pages having a vertical dotted line at the wrong place.

Best regards,
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your feedback. I am afraid I am unable to test your code due to missing references. We will appreciate it if you please share your complete code for replicating the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

thanks for your quick answers!
I just extracted the whole code in a seperate, standalone main class, and when I tested it the problem wasn’t there anymore … So it isn’t a bug in Aspose, it has to be a wrong configuration in our code, I will search for it and fix it.
The thread can be closed now.

Regards,
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that your issue has been resolved.

Please keep using our API and feel free to ask any question or concern, we will be more than happy to extend our support.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I investigated the problem deeper and found out, that the problem really is on Aspose side …
My sourcecode s simply:

String filePath = “DATEV_Magazin.pdf”;
int page = 4;
String outputPath = filePath + “_” + page + “.jpg”;

Document doc = new Document(filePath);

Resolution res = new Resolution(150);
JpegDevice jpegDevice = new JpegDevice(res, 90);
jpegDevice.process(doc.getPages().get_Item(page), outputPath);

In a standalone Java program, this is working properly.
But when I use it in our Java webservice, the problems mentioned above happen … :frowning:

Regards,
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for Java 9.7.0 in Eclipse Juno standalone application running over Windows 7 (x64) with JDK 1.7 and as per my observations, the resultant images being generated are fine. However we need to test the scenario in a web service and see if we reproduce the same issue while using web-service. I
have logged an investigation ticket in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-34624. We will investigate this
issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

has this issue been investigated?

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the problem reported earlier is still pending for review and is not yet resolved. However as soon as we have made some progress towards its resolution, we will be more than happy to update you within this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.