Problems Inserting HTML in a Workbook

Hello,

I am currently using aspose.cells for a project and when my class gets called, I create a new workbook and pass html into it. The html will always have the following syntax:

%title%

%subtitle%

%text%

When I insert the html I end up having two problems:

1. The header shows fine, but the footer text is not shown in excel
  2. Image tags outside of the table breaks aspose.cells

Is there any way that I can fix this? Or will there be support for this anytime soon?

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using the Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.1.6

If the problem still occurs, then please provide us your sample project replicating the problem, your actual and expect output files and source files if any.

Please provide us screenshot highlighting your problems.

We will help you asap.

Hi,

It looks like aspose.cells is still breaking when an html image tag is being inserted into a Worksheet. I attached an example of this issue.

Thanks!

Nathan

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know and using the Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix the problems. If we have some fix available or some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40460.

I received aspose.cells version 7.1.2.0 today and when I rerun the code that is attached to this forum, aspose.cells no longer breaks. However, the only thing I see when I open up the workbook in Excel is the header ("Percentile Ranks") with no image and no footer. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, you are right. I was also able to see it using the previous version.

We have also logged your feedback against the issue id: CELLSNET-40460.

Hi,

For your issue, please see the following suggestion.

We process each “tr”/“td” tag in our code,

As we meet this tag, the cells could be initialized.

But for the “div” tag, we are afraid it’s hard to make sure the tag means a row or a cell or something else, because “div” could be contained in “div” in circulation.

Ms-Excel also ignores this tag.

So we suggest you to modify the original file, add a table tag in div.

Please see the sample file in the attachment.