Problems preparing Report

Hello,

I just did simple scenario creating Excel ready report with Aspose.Cells for SSRS and I stuck with the problem: I got only the first row of my report.

Environment:

Windows Vista, MS Office 2007, MS SQL 2008, MS SSRS 2008, AdventureWorks2008 DB and sample RDL's, .NET 3.5 SP1

Scenario:

I have Adventure Works sample RDL: Company Sales 2008 base.rdl (see attachment)

I have opened it in MS Excel using Aspose.Cells from my local SSRS repository and prepared Excel ready report: Company Sales 2008.xlsx

I have published it to SSRS. It was stored with RDL Company Sales 2008 public.rdl

I have tried to generate Excel ready report and Company Sales 2008 public.xlsx is the result what I got.

Report contains only one row, but I'm sure, that this report has more rows. I have tried with few other reports and got the same result.

Your ASAP help would be very appreciated.

BTW. When I try to edit cell in Excel, Aspose.Cells add-in buttons disables (see attachment disabled.png) and enables again only if I click "Sub-Report" button. Sometimes (after publish report) even this button disables and there is no other way as to close report and try to open it again.

Thanks in advance for your answers and help.

Kind Regards,

Geddis

Hi Geddis,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Which version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services are you using? Please download the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services from the following location and try it.

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.cells-for-reporting-services/entry190090.aspx

In this version we have enhance the features related to SSRS 2008. Please try it and let us know if it works fine for you. You may also check our SSRS 2008 demos which works abs fine with the latest release of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services. Following is the link to the online demos,

http://ssrs.aspose.com/ssrs-rendering-extensions/Pages/Folder.aspx?ItemPath=%2fAdventureWorks+2008+Sample+Reports&ViewMode=List

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hello,

As you can see in my screenshot I use the lates version: 1.4.2

Have you investigated my files attached?

Geddis

Hello,

I found the problem why I saw only the first row. I haven't selected my report area. By I still have a problem with Excel Add-in, that buttons just disables and I should restart Excel for recovery.

Hi,

We have checked your report define files. You did not define table report item in your report define files, so you only can say the first row.

Please refer create table item document.

We have fixed excel add-in disabled issue, please update excel add-in.

Please open attachment file and copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client.xlam to “${Installation Folder}/Addin” folder.

Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client created report define file format only supports SSRS 2005. Now, we are developing SSRS2008 report define file format.

Please let us know if you still face any problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer and add-in update. Now it works!

Your answer about SSRS 2008:

Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client created report define file format only supports SSRS 2005. Now, we are developing SSRS2008 report define file format.

I just want to be sure. I can publish reports prepared with Aspoce.Cells for SSRS Add-in for Excel only to SSRS 2005 and I can not publish yet to SSRS 2008. Is it what you are saying?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Kind Regards,

Geddis

Hi,

Currently, you can publish the report using SSRS2008 but it is partially supported (not all the features and functions are supported for SSRS2008).

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10063) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.