Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problems watermarking w/ aspose.word

I've been given the assignment to solve this problem. I do not have any prior experience working with aspose.word so please bear with my ignorance.

We have an application called webridge that is using aspose.word to watermark word documents. Problem is that the webridge program produces the following error message when attempting to watermark the document.

Could not execute the Process Documents activity due to one or more errors:
Aspose.Asposeword.reflectedInvokeMethod: com.webridge.wom.WOMImplementationError: Asposeword.protectWordDocument() Exception occurred com.webridge.wom.WOMImplementationError: Aspose.Asposeword.getDocument() Exception occurred java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

The above is only one example of the type of error message that is generated. (I've been told that there are some others.) Anyway, can you tell by the error message here, what may be causing this particular error.

Also, since these are all word documents, would first converting the file to a pdf using aspose.pdf and then watermarking the resultant pdf file be a doable alternative? In case we can't get aspose.word to watermark the word document.

This error has been going on for several months and now that it has been dropped into my lap, there are a lot of irrate users. Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Would it help if I were to upload a sample word document?

Thank you,

Jim

PS: the following are a couple other example errors generated when attempting to watermark word documents using aspose.word within the webridge application. (the OS is win server 2003)

Could not execute the Process Documents activity due to one or more errors:
Aspose.Asposeword.reflectedInvokeMethod: com.webridge.wom.WOMImplementationError: Asposeword.mailMerge() Exception occurred com.webridge.wom.WOMImplementationError: Aspose.Asposeword.getDocument() System Exception occurred ࠺.࠹: Cannot find a footnote or an endnote. Please report this file to word@aspose.com. at ู.༝.༸(Int32 ங, ૎ ঵) at ู.༝.༲(Char ༳, Int32 ங, ૎ ঵) at ู.༝.༪(૎ ঵, ༻ ༧, Int32 ༫, Int32 ڦ) at ู.༝.༨(Int32 ༩) at ู.༝.༦(༻ ༧) at ู.༝.ԡ(Int32 ༥, Int32 ڦ) at ู.༝.ԡ() at ู.ุ.ګ(Stream ը) at Aspose.Word.Document.լ(Stream ը) at Aspose.Word.Document.൵(Stream ը, String ൶) at Aspose.Word.Document..ctor(String fileName) at Aspose.Asposeword.getDocument(String filePath)

Thanks,

Jim

Please upgrade to latest version of Aspose.Word before we try to address any of the issues.

I have downloaded and installed an evaluation version of aspose.word 3.2.2 on our development server. I am assuming that a license is not needed.

I have not heard back yet from the folks at webridge to see if that is all that needs to be done in order for their product to recognize aspose. Anyway, it is producing the same error message.

Jim