Problems with evaluation version

Hi,

I am using the evaluation version on your website , trying to decide if this is a product we would want to buy at some point. I am looking at SSRS reports being able to be exportable as Powerpoint slides. The questions I had are as follows.

1) Can you determine the pagination between slides programmatically (when to break into pages)

2) Can you specify a theme for the power point presentation(back ground and logo etc), the way it is downloaded?

3)Is it possible for the power point to be dipicted as a landscape rather than as sheets?

4) can you determine the space( left bottom top and right) that needs to be left in a power point presentation?

Please email the answer at chandralam@effectivephilanthropy.org

Hi Chandrala,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services exports the RDL reports to PPT/PPTX as it is designed in source RDL. Please follow this link for your kind reference. Since Aspose.Slides exports reports to presentation as it is in report so determining page pagination is not possible. Also, Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services is linked as export options in Visual Studio or Report Server; so there is no programmable feature available to identify the requested. For question 2 and 3, Aspose.Slides for .NET can be used as second step with the presentation exported from Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services to apply themes by changing the master slides to custom master slide and thus changing the theme with desired logos etc. Moreover, the slide orientation can also be changed using Aspose.Slides for .NET from default Portrait to Landscape. Unfortunately, I have not been able to understand the last question, can you please share some more details related to that.

<span style=“font-size:9.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>

<span style=“font-size:9.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>

Many Thanks,

Hi ,

Thanks for replying back to me. One other question I had was regarding the tables. I have a tables in SSRS which is exported into power point. It looks like it is not exporting as table in powerpoint, but as lines for each cell. Is this because of evaluation version or they can be exported as only lines and text?

Thanks

Chandrala

Hi Chandrala,

This is not limitation of using evaluation version that you are getting individual cells for exported tables. Please read the discussion shared here for your further information. Actually, it is not an issue with Aspose.Slides and the behavior that you have observed is absolutely correct. unfortunately the functionality of PowerPoint’s tables is not enough for correct reports exporting. So, each cell is exported as separate shape.

Many Thanks,