Problems with PDF/A convert from PDF file

Dear Aspose team,

We are using Aspose.PDF .NET to create PDF/A from a PDF files.

We validate the output PDF/A files with different validation tools, getting the result that the file does not meet the PDF / A standard.

In the log file from Aspose see this result:

1.0Copyright © 2001-2012 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.27/08/2015 18:49:40The image interpolation is prohibitedThe image interpolation is prohibitedObject is compressedThe transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)The transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)The transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)The transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)The transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)Annotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedAnnotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedAnnotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedAnnotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedAnnotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedMetadata key does not exists

I attached file with the resources used.

Thanks and regards,

Manel Orovio

Dear Aspose team,

We have also detected another problem. We are creating documents with Aspose.Words and saving them as PDF/A.

Once generated, we validate documents using Aspose.Pdf.

The resulting documents are not validating correctly. We do not believe this is normal, what is failing? the generation? Is the Validation?

One of the reasons we chose your product is announcing the ability to generate and convert to PDF / A.

Thanks and regards,

Manel Orovio

Manel:
Dear Aspose team,

We are using Aspose.PDF .NET to create PDF/A from a PDF files.

We validate the output PDF/A files with different validation tools, getting the result that the file does not meet the PDF / A standard.

In the log file from Aspose see this result:

1.0Copyright © 2001-2012 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.27/08/2015 18:49:40The image interpolation is prohibitedThe image interpolation is prohibitedObject is compressedThe transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)The transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)The transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)The transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)The transparency is prohibited (‘Group’ key)Annotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedAnnotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedAnnotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedAnnotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedAnnotation type ‘Link’ is prohibitedMetadata key does not exists

Thanks and regards,

Manel Orovio

Hi Manel Orovio,
Thanks for contacting support and sorry for the delayed response.
I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.7.0 in Visual Studio 2010 project with .NET Framework 4.0 running over Windows (x64) and as per my observations, the PDF file is properly being converted to PDF/A_1a, PDF/A_2a,PDF/A_3a format.
However there are some issues when trying to convert PDF file to other PDF/A compliant formats.
  • PDF is not being converted to PDF/A_1b and its been logged as PDFNEWNET-39284.
  • PDF is not being converted to PDF/A_2b and its been logged as PDFNEWNET-39285.

We will further look into the details of these issues and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
PS, For your reference, I have also attached the resultant files generated over my end and screenshots of PDF/A compliance checks with Adobe Pre-flight tool.
Manel:
Dear Aspose team,

We have also detected another problem. We are creating documents with Aspose.Words and saving them as PDF/A.

Once generated, we validate documents using Aspose.Pdf.

The resulting documents are not validating correctly. We do not believe this is normal, what is failing? the generation? Is the Validation?

One of the reasons we chose your product is announcing the ability to generate and convert to PDF / A.

Thanks and regards,

Manel Orovio

Hi Manel Orovio,

I have tested the scenario and have observed that PDF/A_1a and PDF/A_1b compliance are not being validated with Aspose.Pdf for .NET. However when using Adobe Pre-Flight, the resultant files are being properly validated and they appear to be fine.

For the sake of correction, I have separately logged in our issue tracking system.

• PDF/A_1a validation fail is logged as PDFNEWNET-39286.
  • PDF/A_1b validation fail is logged as PDFNEWNET-39287.

We will further look into the details of these issues and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

Thanks for your reply. We look to the correction, it is a very important issue for our projects.

We have also detected another problem. We are reading documents with Aspose.Words and saving them as PDF in a stream to convert to PDF/A.

These were the results:

PDF/A-1a OK

PDF/A-1b OK

PDF/A-2a ERROR

PDF/A-2b ERROR

PDF/A-3a OK

PDF/A-3b OK

The verification was performed with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Pre-flight tool.

I attached file with the resources, screenshots and the source code.

Thanks and regards,

Manel Orovio

Hi Nayyer,

During testing we found the following errors. We transmit to you the hope they can be resolved to proceed with the project.

We have also detected another problem. We have generated a PDF document with MS Word, we load the document with Aspose.PDF to convert to PDF/A.

These were the results:

PDF/A-1a Validation error

PDF/A-1b Not detected as PDF / A

PDF/A-2a Validation error

PDF/A-2b Not detected as PDF / A

PDF/A-3a Validation error

PDF/A-3b Validation error

I attached file with the resources and the source code.

Thanks and regards,

Manel Orovio

Manel:
Hi Nayyer,

Thanks for your reply. We look to the correction, it is a very important issue for our projects.

We have also detected another problem. We are reading documents with Aspose.Words and saving them as PDF in a stream to convert to PDF/A.

These were the results:
PDF/A-1a OK
PDF/A-1b OK
PDF/A-2a ERROR
PDF/A-2b ERROR
PDF/A-3a OK
PDF/A-3b OK

Thanks and regards,

Manel Orovio
Hi Manel,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have gone through the resource files and as per my observations, you are converting MS Word file to PDF format using Aspose.Words for .NET and then transforming PDF file to PdF/A_2a complaint format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. During my testing, I have observed that resultant file generated with Aspose.Pdf for .NET is not PDF/A_2a complaint. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-39306 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into this matter and will keep you updated with our findings.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.
Manel:
Hi Nayyer,

These were the results:
PDF/A-1a OK
PDF/A-1b OK
PDF/A-2a ERROR
PDF/A-2b ERROR
PDF/A-3a OK
PDF/A-3b OK

Thanks and regards,

Manel Orovio

Hi Manel Orovio,

During my further testing while converting inputFile.doc file to PDF format using Aspose.Words and then converting PDF file to PDF/A_2b compliant format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET, I have observed that resultant file is not correct. For the sake of correction, I have separately logged it as PDFNEWNET-39310 in our issue tracking system. The product team will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-39285,PDFNET-39284) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.8.