Problems with Pivot tables

Hello,

I have two questions:

1) When I have a pivot table in my designer file, I get the following error message: “This edition does not support pivot table/chart.” Do I need the Corporate edition? If so, how can I upgrade?

2) When I remove the license file (and start Aspose.Excel as a demo version) I do not get an error. But when I open and save the file, the interactivity of the pivot table gets lost (and it is not a pivot table any more).

I would like to have a “data” sheet and fill in some data, and a pivot sheet with a pre designed pivot table. When the user opens the Excel file, the pivot table should show the previously inserted data from the data sheet.

Is this possible?

Best regards and greetings from Germany,
Christoph

Dear Christoph,

1. Please go to PayPal Send Money to send the difference between Professional Edition and Corporate Edition, $100, to our paypal account, aspose@ihug.com.au. Then I will renew your license file.

2. Please send your designer file as well as vb/c# code and detailed reports to excel@aspose.com.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Dear Christoph,

I got your designer file. Please save it as Excel 2000 format and try again.

Hello Laurence,

>>Please save it as Excel 2000 format and try again.
Are you referring to the designer file or the result file?

When I try to save the file in Excel XP I only get the chance to select “Microsoft Excel 97-2002 & 5.0/95”. There does not seem to be a special “Excel 2000” format. Is there a workaround?

I also tried to save the generated file via Aspose.Excel in Excel 2000 format (FileFormatType.Excel2000) but with no success.

Best regards,
Christoph Spielmann

Dear Christoph,

I mean the designer file. Please try to save it as “Microsoft Excel 97-2002 & 5.0/95” format then let me know what happens.

Hello Laurence,

>>Please try to save it as “Microsoft Excel 97-2002 & 5.0/95” format then let me know what happens.

Sorry, no success.

Christoph Spielmann

Dear Christoph,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Now I am using Excel2000 and I will upgrade to XP to investigate your problem. Please wait for several days.

If this problem is urgent to you, you can find an Excel 2000 and convert your designer file to Excel2000 format.

Hello Laurence,

>>If this problem is urgent to you, you can find an Excel 2000 and convert your designer file to Excel2000 format.

It is urgent, but I will by a Excel 2000 version today. I Hope this will work.

Tahnks,
Christoph

Dear Christoph,

I have converted your designer file by Excel2000 and test it. The result is fine. I will send the converted Excel2000 designer file to you.

@chrispi,

We recommend you to kindly try using our latest version of Aspose.Cells APIs. We now support all the features (create/manipulate/refresh/render Pivot Tables, charts and shapes in XLS/XLSX (MS Excel 2000, 2003, XP, 2007 - 2019)) with enhancements. We recommend you to upgrade to latest version of Aspose.Cells. We also recommend you to see the document with example code for your reference:
Create Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts

Download latest versions of Aspose.Cells here:

Hope, this helps a bit.