Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problen size convert word to pdf

Hi,

I have got a problem, Aspose is changing size whenit makes into pdf. The size pdf is more smaller than Word.
document.zip (444.5 KB)

You can look at the problem

thanks

@jmbeas,

Your Word document has 365KB size and when you convert (Save As) it to PDF (see msw-2016.pdf (225.1 KB)), the PDF size becomes 226KB. However, if you see layout/rendering issues in Aspose.Words generated PDF (as compared to MS Word generated PDF files), please do let us know. So, the output PDF size may vary, but, Aspose.Words will render to PDF with high fidelity - exactly like Microsoft Word® would have done it.

I see layout/rendering issues in Aspose.Words generated PDF (as compared to MS Word generated PDF files)

@jmbeas,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and upload your input Word document and Aspose.Words generated output PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. Please also create a comparison screenshot highlighting (encircle) the problematic areas in output PDF and attach it here for our reference. We will investigate the issue(s) on our end and provide you more information.

I have attached a sample document that is shown and the pdf generated by Aspose.Words. Attached also images that shows what proboca the lower size.
But I recommend printing both documents because it is inferior throughout the frame not only at one point but in general.document.zip (510.6 KB)

@jmbeas,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17100. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks, when could the problem be solved? I would need to know when the solution could be.

@jmbeas,

Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. This issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@jmbeas,

Regarding WORDSNET-17100, we have completed the analysis of your issue and come to a conclusion that this issue is actually not a bug. So, we will close this issue as ‘Not a Bug’.

Aspose.Words works as designed. The difference with MS Word PDF export happens because Aspose.Words intentionally does not reproduce “partial” MS Word TOC field update. MS Word PDF output does not match the document layout in MS Word or MS Word print output.

There is a TOC field on page 3 which is not up-to date. Apparently, headers 4-7 were deleted from the document, but TOC was not updated after that. When saving to PDF, Aspose.Words does not update the TOC field by default, so the field result stays as MS Word displays it. MS Word tries to update page numbers inside the field, but as the paragraphs they are referencing were deleted, MS Word inserts “Error! bookmark not defined” instead of page numbers for them. This error text wraps to the next line for item 5 in TOC, so the subsequent text is shifted down, pushing an empty paragraph to the top of the next page, and that is what you have reported here.

Aspose.Words will not reproduce updating TOC page numbers only on exporting to PDF. The result would not match document layout in MS Word and print layout if printed from MS Word.

If the field is updated inside MS Word, items for paragraphs 4-7 are deleted from TOC. Aspose.Words will reproduce this behavior if UpdateFields in PdfSaveOptions is set to true.

The error still exists, I have updated TOC to see that it was not a problem with that.

I have attached two 2 tests.
The one that leaves correctly (TestOK) has one less line in the explanation of the label.
The one that goes wrong has the lines that we have in our document.

Test.zip (888.8 KB)

@jmbeas,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this new issue is WORDSNET-17206. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

when could the problem be solved? I would need to know when the solution could be.

@jmbeas,

Regarding WORDSNET-17100, please see the analysis details here.

Regarding WORDSNET-17206, this issue is not resolved yet and there are no estimates available at the moment. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any time frame is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@jmbeas,

Regarding WORDSNET-17206, it is to update you that we have implemented a fix to this issue. The fix of this issue will be included in next 18.9 release of Aspose.Words. We will inform you via this thread as soon as next release containing the fix of this issue will be published during the start of next month.

Ok, thanks for you reply.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17206) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.9 update.