Producing a valid PDFA file

I'm testing the ability to produce a PDF/A compliant file from a word doc. The file produced contains errors when validating the PDF. The following test demonstrates the problem.

I've also attached the test.doc file as well as the validation results file.

@Test
public void convertPdfCompliantDocumentFromWord() throws Exception {
Document doc = new Document(this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("/test.doc"));
ByteArrayOutputStream pdfBytes = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
saveOptions.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_B);
doc.save(pdfBytes, saveOptions);

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdf = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(new ByteArrayInputStream(pdfBytes.toByteArray()));
ByteArrayOutputStream validationBytes = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
pdf.validate(validationBytes, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B);

String validationXml = validationBytes.toString();
if (validationXml.contains("Problem")) {
fail("PDF compliance validations exist:\n" + validationXml);
}
}

Versions:

com.aspose
aspose-pdf
com.aspose
aspose-words
jdk16

Are there any plans to offer PDF/A-3 compliance? The PDF library offers it as an option for validation but the Words library only contains PDF/A-1

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your inquiry.
mcantrell:
Are there any plans to offer PDF/A-3 compliance?
Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, we logged this feature request as WORDSNET-12326 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Aspose.Words does support PDF_15, PDF_A_1_A and PDF_A_1_B compliance levels.
mcantrell:
I'm testing the ability to produce a PDF/A compliant file from a word doc. The file produced contains errors when validating the PDF.
We are working over this query and will update you soon.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your patience.
mcantrell:
I'm testing the ability to produce a PDF/A compliant file from a word doc. The file produced contains errors when validating the PDF.
We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13326. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13326) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.