We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Product enquiry

Hi,

We are trying to develop a project for one of a client where the client would create microsoft project document (.mpp) or MS Word or MS Excel template on his desktop and then would upload it to our application. Later he would like to view(readonly mode) or edit it online in the browser.
Would your product API support visio too?
We would be making the application in Microsoft .Net and would use an API for the MS Office related tasks in the browser.

How would your product help us achieve it.

Shadaan

Hi,

I would like to address your issue/requirements perspective to Aspose.Cells component.

Aspose.Cells for .NET is just a class library to manage MS Excel spreadsheets. You may programmatically generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Excel®, it supports all the MS Excel file formats (e.g. XLS, XLSX, XLSM, CSV, Tab Delimited, ODS, PDF, HTML etc.). Also, it does not offer any UI for performing these document processing tasks. However, our sister company GroupDocs.com offers a viewer app which you may consider including in your application to view the various file formats.

By the way, we have another independent web based grid control named Aspose.Cells.GridWeb that is bundled in Aspose.Cells for .NET package (when you download and install on your pc), that can be used to display or manipulate Excel files in WYSIWYG (visual manner), see the docs and demos for your reference:

Thank you.

1. So what you intend to say is even if I use Apose.Total, I would be able to create or modify my files but I wouldnt be able to view it without using viewer app from groupdocs. (If so how do I create files when when I dont see any editor? Can files be generated only from dynamic data coming from application backend or other sources)Please confirm

2. If I dont use viewer as you propose, Would I be able edit the files using their native apps like in your case I can open a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel, edit/modify it and when I click the save button would it save on the server? Idea is all the files should be saved on the server when he saves it, not on the end users desktop and he uploading it again after any changes made to it..

Hi,

Please check my lower part of the post:

By the way, we have another independent web based grid control named Aspose.Cells.GridWeb that is bundled in Aspose.Cells for .NET package (when you download and install on your pc), that can be used to display or manipulate Excel files in WYSIWYG (visual manner), see the docs and demos for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Aspose.Cells.GridWeb
http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.cells/csharp/grid/default.aspx

In short, Aspose.Cells.GridWeb is a web control (provided by Aspose.Cells for .NET), where you may load/view, edit and save the Excel files.

Let us know if you still have any confusion.

Thank you.

Ok this is fine for excel. What about the rest of the formats?

You did not answer my second question.

Hi,

My fellow colleagues from different teams for their products (for their file formats) will help you soon here. Please stay tuned and wait a bit here.

Update: 2) using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb, you may either save the Excel file on the server (e.g by using ASP.Net API, i.e., Server.MapPath etc.) or response the file streams on the client side, so the user can either download or save the file in its browser.

Thank you.

Hi Shadaan,

Thanks for your inquiry. First of all please note that Aspose.Words for .NET is a class library that enables your applications to perform a great range of document processing tasks. Aspose.Words supports DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, XPS, EPUB and other formats. With Aspose.Words you can generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®. For more information, please go through the documentation below:
http://docs.aspose.com/display/wordsnet/Introducing+Aspose.Words+for+.NET

Secondly, Aspose.Words does not offer any UI or web control for editing documents via web browsers. However, with Aspose.Words, it is possible to create Document preview, for example by converting your document to image, XPS or SWF format. For example, try to run one of Aspose.Words demos and select SWF as a target format:
http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/csharp/general/dinner-invitation.aspx
SWF produced by Aspose.Words also includes document viewer UI. So you need simply embed this SWF into your web page.

Hope this answers your inquiry. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Shadaan,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to address you regarding Aspose.Diagram component.

Aspose Diagram is a class library for working with Microsoft Visio files. It allows developers to work with VSD, VSS, VST, VSX, VTX, VDW and VDX files on C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET web applications, web services, Mono and Windows applications. It allows you to open files and manipulate the elements of the diagram, from lines and fills, to more complex elements, and then export to VDX, VSX, VTX, XPS, HTML, SVG, SWF, image or PDF formats. Based on your inquiry, Aspose.Diagram does not offer any UI or web control for editing documents via web browsers.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/diagramnet/Product+Overview