Product roadmap

We’ve been using Slides since at least 2007. I’ve reported bugs on a regular basis over time. They used to be fixed quickly and new builds provided. Currently I have numerous outstanding bug reports, some going back more than a year.

Going through recent forum threads I just found out the unified API promised for June is now delayed until Q4. And my biggest issue of all, the current Java version is unusable for any presentation of moderate size.

If you’re going to talk about future features and dates then please make a “product roadmap” page on the website and update it frequently. We shouldn’t have to read through forum threads to see a major new promised feature has been delayed for 6 months.

If you don’t want to provide a roadmap then please stop talking about feature release dates. When you say something is coming in June and repeat it a bunch of times we make plans based on that promise, and now those plans have to be thrown away. I understand delays happen but if you’re going to talk about future features and release dates you have to communicate delays to us in a timely manner, or stop talking about them completely.

Thanks.
Shaun

Hi Shaun,

First of all please accept my sincere apologies for inconvenience on your end. First of all, you have shared that there are numerous outstanding bugs reported by you that are pending. Can you please provide the list of bug IDs and I will investigate the status for you and will try to expedite them if it will be possible.

I am really sorry for missing our commitment to release the unified API which was due for Aspose.Slides for .NET this month and subsequently for Aspose.Slides for Java in subsequent month. Actually, the dates we use to share with our worthy customers are according to roadmap that is internal to our development team but the dates are tentative and they are prone to get changed. There were some serious issues aroused during unification at later stages of development and this was cause of slippage of time line.

I once again feel sorry for your inconvenience and will share some concrete updates regarding unified API as soon as I will have them but I may not be able to make any promises or guarantees in this regard. However, I assure you that we are striving hard for making the unified release online ASAP.

Many Thanks,