We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Programmatically set cell values in unlocked cells were not saved after protecting the worksheet and saving the workbook

Hello!

My program just worked well in the past:

I put some values on a worksheet, which is created based on a template file (*.xlt ==> originally created in MS Office 2000/2003). The focused cells are "islocked = false".
Other - islocked = true - cells get some values, too. After that, the worksheets gets protected and the new workbook gets saved. When I open the workbook in Excel, I can see all the set values.

Now:

Programmatically part is the same. Now when I open the workbook, in the unlocked cells, there are no values?!?!? They are lost??? The locked cells are showing the programmatically set values correctly.

What is the difference between the past and now:

a) I use a higher Aspose.Cells-Version (sorry, I can't tell you the version numbers, because I'm out of office).

b) The *.xlt file was modified with MS Office 2010, but still saved in the old format.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Michael

Hi,

Please provide us your test code replicating the problem using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.0

Please also provide us your actual and expected output file.

We will look into it and help you asap.

Good Morning from Germany!

Yesterday I used Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.2.0. Now I have updated it to 7.0.4.0. But still the same. My program is for tendering packaging materials. So the last time it was productivly used is one year ago. I don't know, which version of Aspose.Cells I used in the past, but I think, that it was the actual version at this time.

In the morning I just played a little bit with my code and I found the problem:
The unprotected cells, where I put values, are in column C. The cells in column A and B are merged. My code looked like:

c[3,1].PutValue(....);

So the values are written in the merged column B, which can't be seen until I delete the conjunction of the cells. I fixed my code with c[3,2].PutValue(...) and now it works how expected.

Last year, the code works fine and the xlt-Template-File had the same structure. So I think, that Aspose has changed something between the versions?!?

Merry christmas and a happy new year

Michael

Greetings, many happy returns to you.

Please provide us your runnable test code if possible. Or provide us screenshots or the actual and expected output Excel files.

You can create them manually. Please highlight the problems with red circles in a screenshot.

This will help us to look into your problem and advise you.

Hello!

I'm sorry that I didn't post it before.

When I told you, that there is a xlt-File, I meant, that there are different xlt-Files with the same structure in the section where I had the problem.

After my last post I found out, that one of my colleague changed the structure of one xlt-File, which I didn't saw before :-(.

So the fault was on my site. There is no problem with your component!!! I would like to apologize for the developed circumstances.

Kind regards

Michael

Hi,

It’s good to know that you are able to sort out this problem. Please feel free to post any of your questions, we will be glad to help you.