Progressing conversion to PDF

I’m evaluating version 6 of Aspose.Words for .NET, and I want to save documents in PDF format. While saving large documents to PDF, the application stops responding. It would be good if there was an event that fired before each page is output while saving, so that Application.DoEvents() could be called, and a progress bar could be driven, but there doesn’t appear to be one. Are there any plans to provide this, or is there any other way of providing progress indication while saving?
Thanks,
Mike Brown.

How large is the document?
In the current version I would not recommend converting anything over 100 pages or so. Performance will be improved in the next versions. Remember it is only “rendering engine v1.0”.
It would be great if you attach your document here so we can test on it too.
Great idea on the page finished/started handler. I will ask our support to log a feature request for this.
In the meantime all you can do is just run conversion on a separate thread. No progress notifications are available at the moment.

Hi
Thanks for your request. I created new issue #6693 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as this feature is added.
Best regards.

Thanks for the quick reply.
The document is actually a simple mail-merge template, so the number of pages in the output document depends on the number of data records to be merged. I have tested it with 1000 records/pages and it works just fine. It takes about 2 minutes to generate the PDF file, which would be no problem if the progress could be displayed. Otherwise the user may think it has hung.
Mike.