Propagation of Metadata from Word to PDF

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Is there a possibility to propagate Metadata from Word to PDF ?

I'm using your Component to Convert a Word Document which is placed in a Sharepoint document library to PDF via Context menu. I now want to propagate the placeholders from the Word Document to PDF and replace it inside the PDF-File with the data from the Sharepoint. Does Aspose.Pdf provide any methods to replace such placeholders ?

I'm looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,

Christopher Holubarz

Hi Christopher,

Yes, Aspose.Pdf supports that kind of functionality, but, for that matter, you'll have to utilize the 'Create XML Template' feature of the Aspose.Word.

This feature helps you generate an xml template which can then be filled using Aspose.Pdf while converting the word document into pdf.

For more details and help please visit the following URL:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net-and-java/use-aspose-word-to-create-xml-template.html

Moreover, for details on converting word to pdf please visit URL given below:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net-and-java/converting-word-documents-to-pdf.html

I hope this helps. If you have any further issues or queries please do let us know.

Regards,

Hi Christopher,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Adding more to Shahzad's comments, I think the functionality that you have been looking for, can be accomplished using Aspose.Words Mail Merge concept. Where, first the specific fields in template word document can be replaced with data from SharePoint or any other data source and then the resultant file can be converted into Pdf document.

For more related information please visit Perform Mail Merge. In case of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi codewarior, Shahzad,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I guess Mail Merge mostly fits my needs, but there is one question left I have to ask:

Is it also possible to perform a Mail Merge on a pdf document ? Because I want to leave the the fields in the Word document as they are thinking of future changes and only want to have the data inserted inside the pdf file.

My current way is that I fill the fields in a temporary word document to leave the original document as it is, convert this document into pdf and delete the temporary word document. Is it possible to skip this step of copying the original document ?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Christopher

Hello Christopher,

I am afraid current version of Aspose.Pdf does not support the feature of mail merge. I think the technique of using temporary word file is appropriate. I am not sure if we have any plans to support the Mail Merge feature in Aspose.Pdf. Any ways I have contacted the development team, so check if we can support this feature or not, and will keep you updated with the status of implementation within this forum thread.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Christopher,

I am afraid we have no plan to support the feature of mail merge currently. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards.