Property Attachment.Name can't be set

Hello.

We use the following code:
MailMessage message = client.FetchMessage(list[i].UniqueId);
foreach (var attach in message.Attachments)
{
attach.Name = “NewName”;
}

This code works fine on Aspose.Email for .NET version 17.6, but since version 17.8 this property can’t be set for some attachments.

Regards, Irina

Sample.zip (7.4 KB)
18744808XINTDCF[1].zip (126.7 KB)
Result.zip (611 Bytes)

I’ve attached sample for reproducing the problem and sample message.

Regards, Irina

@cap.aspose,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I have tried to re-produce this scenario using Aspose.Email for .NET 17.6, 17.8 and 18.1 but afraid to share that no issue is observed while using the offline sample message and message from Inbox (of my private test account) using ImapClient. This issue needs further analysis, therefor you are requested to share the temporary credentials of the test account which is used for testing the scenario with ImapClient. It may help us to observe the issue and provide assistance accordingly.

Hi,

I’ve downloaded Aspose.Email for .NET 18.1 and I can reproduce the same problem. Also, I can reproduce the problem using Pop3Client and IEWSClient.
I’ve attached new sample.
The problem is reproduced always for attached message, it’s not dependence on email server. I’ve tested for Exchange and hMail.

Step to reproduce:

1. Run Microsoft Outlook (I use Microsoft Outlook 2010).
  2. Put attached email (18744808XINTDCF[1].msg) into Inbox folder.
  3. Modify attached sample for your credentials and run it.

Regards, Irina

Sample.zip (7.7 KB)
Result.zip (649 Bytes)

@cap.aspose,

Thank you for providing more information. We are working on this issue and will write back soon once feedback is ready to share.

@cap.aspose,

We have tested the issue and logged it under Id:EMAILNET-38923 for further investigation. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

Hello,

Could you please provide an update or at least ETA on this?

Thanks,
Irina

@cap.aspose,

The issue is still open for analysis. We’ll update you here once there is some update available in this regard.

Hi,

Do you have any news about it?

Regards,
Irina

@cap.aspose,

The issue has been fixed and will be part of upcoming version of API i.e. Aspose.Emali for .NET 18.3. We’ll notify you here once the fix version is available for download.

Hi,

Could you please provide an update or least ETA on this?

Regards, Irina

@cap.aspose,

The issue has been fixed and will be part of our upcoming release of the API that will be available for download in a week time. We’ll notify you here once the fix version is available for download.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38923) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal