Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Protected document becomes unprotected after save

Hello,

Our customers have been complaining about document protection settings being lost after saving documents. We’ve created a test project to see what causes the loss of this protection. All the test project does is the following:

Dim objAsposeWordDocument As New Aspose.Words.Document(“protected.doc”)
objAsposeWordDocument.Save(“savedoc.doc”)

after saving, the document has lost all protection. I’ve attached the document on which we are testing the protection loss.

I’d like to know what causes the loss of protection, and how we can resolve this issue.

Kinds Regards
Paul Vrugt
Sr. Software Engineer
Infoland BV
The Netherlands

Hello

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi,

Our customers keep complaining about this issue, do you have a release date for the fix for us?

Best regards,

Bart van Gils
Manager product development
Infoland

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,

Hi

The fix of this issue is included into the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/category1188.aspx

Best regards.