we as an organisation are also very interested in having the possibility of protecting regions in documents. We experience in the following issue when using "editable regions" in combination with Aspose:
Protecting a msWord-document with the option “read_only” works only partly within Aspose. Regions defined as editable do not included (issue #1494) in generation by Aspose, at all times the document is marked completely as “read_only”.
Using the "read_only" option is preferred with respect to the other protection options, because in this way, it is possible to make parts of sentences/sections modifiable for the end-user. This is not possible with the option “allow_only_form_fields”.
With this possiblity it becomes possible for us to or overcome some quicks in our document generation process. Using the "allow_only_form_fields" option has the following drawbacks:
- an user can delete a header text, but is not allowed to modify it
- no possibility to enable/disable hyphenation in parts of a document
- no possibility to insert remarks
- no possibility to add an TOC
- no possibility to set a revision
- no possibility to insert citations
We want to give the user the possibility to work with parts of the document without taking off the complete protection.