We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

ProtectionType.AllowOnlyRevisions doesent seem to be working

I set the document protection to ProtectionType.AllowOnlyRevisions but when I bring up the document in Word 2007 I can edit the document all day and there are no revision marks but ProtectionType.ReadOnly works fine. Is there something special I am supposed to do to the document to activate this?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Bryan Grossman

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. I checked this and it seems that all works fine. I think that you should also enable TrackRevisions before protecting. See the following code:

doc.TrackRevisions = true;

doc.Protect(ProtectionType.AllowOnlyRevisions);

This protection type allows you to edit document, but you can’t accept changes in the document.

I think that we should automatically enable TrackRevisions when protection type is AllowOnlyRevisions. So I created new issue #5515 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as this is done.

Best regards.

This worked, thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 5515) have been fixed in this update. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Setting to AllowOnlyRevisions turn TrackChanges on. Setting it to another value turns it off. Like in MS Word.