Pst export of a message with an eml attachment doesn't export correctly

When I export an email ‘A’ with an eml attachment ‘B’, the attachment’s extension is changed from .eml to .msg in the output pst file. As a result, Outlook can’t open the attachment ‘B’ directly; it has to be saved and renamed before it can be opened. It displays ‘A’ correctly.

When the MapiMessage is created from the eml data for ‘A’ (for example:

MailMessage mailMessage = MailMessage.load(emlMessageInputStream, MessageFormat.getEml());

)

and I look at the attachment 'B' on the mailMessage I see it has the right extension (.eml) and mime type.

But in the resulting pst file, the attachment 'B' is not correct.

I will attach a test example message for 'A' and the resulting pst file to this post.

Hi Howard,

We are sorry for a delayed response. We have started looking into this issue and will soon share our feedback with you once our investigation is complete in this regard. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

How is the investigation going?

Hi Howard,

I have investigated this issue with the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 4.0.0. The sample EML file is loaded using MailMessage and then added to the PST by converting it to MapiMessage using MapiMessage.FromMailMessage. The output PST file opens fine in Outlook and can be opened directly from Outlook without first saving it. I have attached the output PST file here for your reference. Could you please make sure that you are using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET in your application? Please share your feedback with us for further assistance in this regard.

I upgraded and can confirm that the latest version does fix the problem.

Hi Howard,

It is nice to know that your problem is resolved. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.