We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PST Folders

Is there a way to get the ID of the folder?

JP

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

I am sorry, it is not possible with the current version.

We will check, if there is any ID associated with the PST folders and we could add a property for this. I will update you when I have some information on this.

Thanks for your reply. Our curent MAPI process does return an entryID and we will need to continue to retrieve that ID. A good example of this is there are 2 folders using the same name, the ID's would resolve any conflict in using a string value. Also check on the PersonalStorage::GetFolder("folder name string") as this should also be overloaded to take a Folder.EntryID.

I am currently evaluating and this is extremely important that I can get an entryID for a folder as well as the Note.

Thanks again -

Joey

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19428) have been fixed in [this update](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry256187.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks for that fix. It is working well. Now, can I get in the PersonalStorage, a GetFolder and pass it the entryId of the folder instead of the string. I have it walking the path of the folder but it would be much easier to just pass it the entryID of the folder.

Thanks,

Joey

Hi Joey,

Both GetFolder() and ExtractMessage() methods in the PersonalStorage class are also now overloaded, so that you can pass the EntryID to get a folder or message.
saqib.razzaq:
Hi Joey,

Both GetFolder() and ExtractMessage() methods in the PersonalStorage class are also now overloaded, so that you can pass the EntryID to get a folder or message.

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.