We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Publishing problem using Aspose 4.1.1.0 and Excel

Hi There,

I’m assisting one of my company’s clients with a publishing issue for which I am able to replicate. We are currently using Aspose.pdf version 4.1.1.0 in conjunction with the software we support. The client is attempting to publish an .xslx file that has merged rows. The first row in particular is merged such that there are mixed lengths of cells. If I “un-merge” the cells in the first row or delete the first row, I am able to publish the .xlsx file without a problem.

Here is a copy of the error caught in one of the log files generated from the software I support:

Invalid index in Rows indexer: 1

at Aspose.Pdf.Rows.get_Item(Int32 index) at
Aspose.Pdf.Xml.?.?(Table ?, Cell ?, Boolean ?) at Aspose.Pdf.Xml.?.?(Pdf
?, Section ?, Table ?, Row ?, Cell ?, ? ?, ? ?) at
Aspose.Pdf.Xml.?.?(Pdf ?, Section ?, HeaderFooter ?, Table ?, ? ?, ? ?,
Boolean ?) at Aspose.Pdf.Xml.?.?(Pdf ?, Section ?, HeaderFooter ?, Table
?, ? ?, ? ?, Boolean ?) at Aspose.Pdf.Xml.?.?(Pdf ?, Section ?, ? ?) at
Aspose.Pdf.Xml.?.?(Pdf ?) at Aspose.Pdf.Xml.?.?(? ?, Pdf ?) at
Aspose.Pdf.Pdf.Save(String pdfFile) at
RWD.uPerform.Converter.ExcelConverter.ConvertXLStoPDF()

I did see that the above error was fixed for 3.61.0 in another posting on the web but I was wondering if you’ve had any other reports or do you have an detailed explanation on what may have caused the issue.

Do you have any other work arounds?

Thanks in advance.

Tanya C.

Hello Tanya,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share the source excel worksheets i.e. The one with merged cells and the other one that you can convert without problem, so that we can test the scenario at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.

FYI, in recent versions of Aspose.Cells for .NET a new method of converting excel worksheets into PDF format has been introduced which does not require Aspose.Pdf for .NET to complete the job. You may also try using it. May be it can resolve your problem.

Hi There,

Sorry for the delay. I'm uploading a copy of the original excel doc (generic info provided) as well as a copy of the doc with merged cells removed.

Thanks in advance.

Tanya

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version/fix of Aspose.Cells for .NET v4.9.1.10. Also, use direct conversion method to convert your spreadsheets to PDF document, see the document for reference: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/converting-to-pdf-files.html

I have tested with your template file and it works fine.

Thank you.