We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Punctation takes up much more space when generating a PDF

My table of contents, which is padded with “…”, ends up looking really ugly when exported to PDF. This seems to be due to the punctation taking up very varying amount of space when I save the PowerPoint to PDF.

I’ve attached the source file and the saved PDF.

Hi Lars,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I am able to notice the difference with below text only. Are you reporting the same problem on your end. Please confirm, so that we may ensure your issue is taken care of properly.

Skrivregler……………………………………………….………………14

Tillämpning…………………………………………………………….….27

Please share your feedback and mention explicitly if you are observing any other problem so that we may proceed further to help you out.

Best Regards,

I’ve attached an image how the original PowerPoint looks on my computer, seems like the problem is that we are using a non-standard font. But shouldn’t Aspose Slides handle non-standard fonts for PDF saving, if the font is installed on the computer running Slides?

Hi Lars,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that you need to load external fonts as explained in this documentation article and then convert the presentation to PDF. Since the font is not installed on my system, PowerPoint is opening the file same way as in the PDF (see preview.JPG), so please load the fonts before conversion to PDF.

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Hi again

I looked more into this, and part of my problem was due to a faulty installed font.

The original problem still occurs though, even if I’m using a standard font. I have attached an example of this, using Arial as font. In the PDF generated from Aspose I get incorrect spacing/kerning, while using PowerPoint to export to PDF I get what I see. In the attached example this isn’t that noticeable, mostly you can see it because of the “O” which has shifted line. When I’m using another font this effect is much more visible, and create more problems.

Hi Lars,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have observed your comments and worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37144 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37144) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.