Purpose of different type of Message Properties

Hi

I see that there are three type of properties one can set. MapiPropety, Custom Property and NammedProperty. I have questions:

1. The purpose of setting a property value is to aid some value to message. How to decide which one to use?

2. How these 3 differ as far as storing in a message is concerned?

3. How do we decide the type of the property to add? i.e. long, string, byte or wat?

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

MapiProperty if added to MapiMessage.Properties, can only be accessed using the long integer tag and no name can be assigned. It can be a standard property defined in MapiPropertyTag class or it can be a custom property for any purpose.

When a custom property is added to Mapi object, if some name is assigned to it, it is saved in NamedProperty collection. It helps accessing the MapiProperty using that particular name.

Type of property is decided based upon the information being stored as a new property like string, bytes, integer etc.

You may please have a look at Mapi Property Overview and MapiNamedProperties articles in MSDN for further details. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.