"put_value(int)"function overflows and gives negative value

Dear Aspose Support,

My name is tizu, and this is my first time reaching out to you. I am currently using the trial version in anticipation of purchasing “aspose.cell for python via .NET”

On Windows 11, the put_value() function is successfully transcribing values to an Excel file even when exceeding the int32 range. However, when using the image in Docker with Python 3.11(and Ubuntu latest), values beyond 32 bytes and negative values are being transcribed. I would appreciate your guidance on how to address this issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

@tizu,

We need to evaluate your issue in detail. Could you please share a sample project (code) with a docker file and a sample Excel file? Also, provide details on the environment, configuration, and other information on how you build and run the Docker image to reproduce the issue.

aspose.zip (7.8 KB)

Dear amjad.sahi,

Thank you for your prompt response. I am attaching the sample code, and for Docker execution details, please refer to the memo.txt

I kindly request your evaluation of the issue.

Thank you for your attention.

@tizu
We can reproduce the issue as you mentioned, put values beyond 32 bytes and negative values are being transcribed on Ubuntu.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSPYTHONNET-189

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@tizu
We are pleased to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as"CELLSPYTHONNET-189") has been resolved. The fix/enhancement will be included in our upcoming release (v24.3 package) that we plan to publish in the first half of March (next month). You will be notified when the next version is released.

@xinya.zhu

Thank you for your contact and assixtance. I appreciate it.

@tizu
You are welcome. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSPYTHONNET-189) have been fixed in Pypi. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool.