QrCode is not found on Image

We are using Aspose.BarCode to read QRCodes from scanned images, and classify the documents based. Several QRCodes are not recognised correctly. The seem to be ok, if I open the image, I can easily scan the code using my mobile phone.

I will add the code snap and the QRCode images in attachment

Code:

var barcodeReader = new BarCodeReader(img, BarCodeReadType.QR);
while (barcodeReader.Read())
{
var codeText = barcodeReader.GetCodeText();
return codeText;
}
return null;

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for sharing the sample barcode images. I tested your provided samples against the latest build of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.4.0. I regretfully inform you that I’m able to replicate the recognition problem. This problem has been logged in our bug tracking system under ticket Id BARCODENET-33475. We will soon investigate the cause of recognition failure. Also, you will be notified once the fix for your problem is available for public use. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

In addition, I would like to update you that the latest version contains the support to rotate the barcode image manually and then perform the recognition. MedianSmoothing removes the noise from the image while preserving the image edges. I’m able to recognize the barcode image 73_2013032508053549.png by using the source code below:

BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(“c:\temp\73_2013032508053549.png”,
BarCodeReadType.QR);

reader.ImageBinarizationHints = RecognitionHints.ImageBinarization.MedianSmoothing;

reader.OrientationHints = RecognitionHints.Orientation.Rotate180;

while (reader.Read())

{

Console.WriteLine("Codetext: " + reader.GetCodeText());

}

// close reader

reader.Close();

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your reply.

It works indeed for the file 73_..., but unfortunately not for the others. This is for us a blocking problem on a production environment. Is there eny way we can increase the priority for this issue, like raising it as a priority issue.

If we cannot solve this issue by the end of the week, we will have to look for alternative solutions.

Thanks,
Edwin.

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for the information. I have raised the priority of the issue to High as well and it will now be considered in High Priority issues queue which is the maximum priority level for Aspose.BarCode forum support. The High priority levels comes after Priority support and Enterprise support levels that are among paid support. If you are looking to further escalate this issue then we suggest you to look into purchasing the priority or enterprise support package. Please see the Support Options page for details. But please note that purchasing Priority Support or enterprise support will not guarantee fixing the problem immediately.

Please let us know in case of further assistance and comments.

Hi Edwin,

Good news for you is BARCODENET-33457 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for.NET (5.5.0). Which is expected to be released in the end of current week. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for sending me an email.

"Thanks for the reply. Good to hear about the fix. I am currenlty on site for 2 days to troubleshoot this exact problem. I realize that it is not common practice, but I have 2 questions: * Is it possible to get an early version of this fix, so we can use it during troubleshooting * Can you share the cause, so we can think about a workaround? We are now generating larger QR codes, but this is just a wild guess ofcourse. Kind regards, Edwin."

I would like to update you that we don't provide fixes in the previous versions of our libraries. It is quite possible that your app's end users come across some issues with an old version of Aspose.BarCode. In this case, this will become impossible for us to fix those issues in the previous code base. Second, the problem is with conversion from QR barcode rectangle inside the image to 2D matrix. You can say invalid compute of dimensions.

I hope this will help you. Please let us know in case of further assistance and comments.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33475) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.