Question about performance of different versions of Aspose.Slides

Hello,

I’ve created a simple and quick test to compare two different versions of Aspose.Slides(v5.6 and v8.4). These versions were not chosen randomly - recently our company upgraded from v5.6 to v8.4. We noticed that the v8.4 version worked slower than v5.6 so I wanted to ask you if you are aware of that or any way to speed up Aspose.Slides v8.4.

Please have a look at the attached project. You’ll need to add reference to the v5.6 dll and run the program a few times. Then remove the reference to v5.6 and add reference to v8.4 dll. Then compare the result files.

My tests show that v8.4 works about 30% slower than v.5.6:
v5.6 v.8.4
--------------------
894 ms 1240 ms
874 ms 1212 ms
878 ms 1210 ms
871 ms 1233 ms
882 ms 1242 ms

Please note that currently upgrade to v14.x is not an option.

Best Regards

Hi Kiril,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the comparison shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides for 8.x.x is no longer supported by Aspose. Now, we have a new merged Aspose.Slides API in place now which has single namespace for both PPT and PPTX presentations. The latest version that is available in this regard is Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.3.0. I suggest you to please try exploring and using our new API. You are more than welcome to share issues and improvements in new API with us.

Many Thanks,