Question about pricing

Hi

One of the requirements of my current project is text extraction from excel, word and pdf files. I am currently evaluating different products for this solution. When you say that one of your products is for internal deployment or deployment to 1 customer site, do you mean 1 particular server or can it be any number of servers? That is, how do you classify a site.

My solution would be deployed at a client’s site. It would not deployed at any other client. The client would be purchasing the software. Would it be right to say that I need the developer enterprise solution? What would be the pricing for purchase of a solution that supports manipulation of word, excel and pdf files?

Thanks

Khurram Lone

Hello Khurram,

Thank you for the post and for your interest in our products. Based on your description, a single developer enterprise subscription would accomodate your licensing needs. You would need the following products: Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf.Kit ... I used our custom suite builder, Aspose.Custom, to derive the total price: 1894 USD ...

As an option, for an additional 105 USD you could purchase Aspose.Total which contains all 16 Aspose components.

Please be sure to let me know if there is any additional information I can provide and I will be more than glad to.

Hi Danny

I was trying to test Aspose.Cells on my development server when I ran into a problem. Everything worked fine when I was testing it out on my own PC, but when I tried to deploy the solution on my development server I could not load the library. I tried to install the control on separately but still got the same problem. What do I need to do to make my proof of concept work on the development server?

Thanks

Khurram Lone

Hello,

I have moved this post to the Aspose.Cells section so that a developer can answer you. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Have a good day.

Hi

Just to be more specific, this is the exception that I get '

Could not load file or assembly 'Aspose.Cells, Version=3.9.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

I installed the module on the development server and I can run the sample winforms examples.

Update: I was able to use the control on the server, but I had to manually add the dll to GAC. Is that normal behavior?

Adding the dll to GAC may solve many deploying problems. It seems that your program doesn’t find the Aspose.Cells.dll. Have your rebuild your program with the new dll? Aspose.Cells.dll is a strong named assmebly. And where do you place the dll? Please put it in the same folder with your assmbly.