Question about the formulas

Hello,

I have a question regarding the management of the formulas inside Aspose.

To explain the context :
I have a sheet with around 500 rows and 50 columns. Some style set and some validators on numeric cells.
I have around 5 formulas by row, on the same column each time.
The cells used in formulas are just the one from the same row.

Here is my question / issue : when i modify a cell used in a formula it’s taking around 10 sec to give me back the hand. I suppose that Aspose recalculate all the formulas for all rows (500) and that’s why it’s taking so much time.
I am not using the RunAllFormulas() method by myself. The gridweb is in Ajax mode and the recalculate is apparently automatic so in Aspose side (in acwmain.js perhaps ?).

Is it possible to recalculate ONLY the formulas for the row on which we modify a cell value ?

Hi,

Well, yes, when you update a value in the dependent cells (for the formulas), GridWeb may recalculate the formulas in AJAX mode, this is same as MS Excel. Anyways, could you simplify your scenario and provide us a sample project, we will check your issue. Obviously, when you have so many records i.e. 500*50 with formulas, it might take some time to update the value(s) accordingly. Anyways, we may evaluate it and log a ticket for it if we can enhance it more or may look into your requested feature (i.e. "Is it possible to recalculate ONLY the formulas for the row on which we modify a cell value " ) but we have to check its feasibility first.

Thank you.

Thanks for the answer.

You can test my sample project attached to this post.

Cell which have formulas are in bold red.
Try to modify a cell value which is used in a formula and you’ll see that it takes around 5/6 sec to validate and to give back the hand.
I suppose that is because Aspose recalculate all formulas.

With a method to recalculate only the formulas of the row containing the cell modified it will probably be almost immediate (if we don’t need to go back on the server to make this recalcul) :wink:

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with details.

I can notice the issue when running your sample project in both Google chrome and IE browser types. When I modify a cell value used in a formula, it would take more time e.g around 8-10 seconds to get the result in the cells. We need to investigate your issue in details. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41818” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Ok thanks to you !

Hi,

Which IE browser type you are using? Please use IE8 or IE9 to see if you still find the issue. If you are using IE7, we might not fix the issue as we do not support this browser type properly.

Thank you.

I am using IE10. I think it should be the same behavior than IE8 or IE9 ?

Hi,

If you are using IE10 browser, you need to add/replace the line:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE9"/> on the .aspx page to work in IE9 mode as we do not fully support IE10 yet for GridWeb.

Tahnk you.

Hi thanks for your return.

It works fine with the sample project I had provided to you.

But in fact in my project I have a different doctype.
You can test with the new sample project attached to this post. I have changed the doctype for an HTML one and it’s not working, recalculation is still very slow.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please see the reply in another thread:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/91443

Thank you.

I saw your reply and i have replied to it : www.aspose.comhttps://forum.aspose.com/t/91443

Hi,

For your new issue, please follow up your other thread:
Refresh issue when vertical scrollbar is displayed

thank you.

Ok for me I think it’s easier to join the two issues :wink:

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have closed this issue now as we could not reproduce it. Let us know if you find any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.