Question about unique uri

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm currently testing Aspose.Email. As a satisfied user of .Words and .Cells, again my compliments for the really great software!

My question is about the unique uri. I'm currently using EWS for transferring mail into a database and as an extra backup I want to save the mail also as a .msg file.

As I want to implement Aspose first next to EWS I'm trying to use the Aspose SaveMessage method. The parameter is the unique uri of the message. However in EWS I don't have such a property. I've tried using the ItemId, but this doesn't match the unique uri for the same message returned by Aspose.

Is Aspose based on EWS? What property of EWS do I need to map the unique URI of Aspose?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Peter Oostwoud

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Listing Messages from Exchange Server - Aspose.Email for .NET

Hi Peter,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Aspose.Email for .NET enables you to connect to Exchange Server by using ExchangeWebServiceClient. Also you can fetch messages and save them to disk in any of the supported formats. Please check the related technical articles.
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/fetching-messages-from-exchange-server-mailbox.html
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/saving-messages-from-exchange-server-mailbox-in-eml-and-msg-format.html

If I am wrong in my understanding then please correct me. In my understanding you are trying to implement Aspose.Email for .NET in collaboration with EWS. Please note that Aspose.Email does not base on EWS. So the ExchangeMessageInfo.UniqueUri may not be equal to the ItemID as mentioned in your post.

Please keep us posted with your results so that we all can learn from your experience.

Thanks and regards,

Hi,

I have a couple of small questions related to this topic.

How is the ExchangeMessageInfo.UniqueUri made/build (which members/properties are used to make it ? if any)
Is it always unique ? or only in a certain context ?

Thanks,

Jitte Dooper

Hi Jitte,

ExchangeMessageInfo.UniqueUri isn’t build or made by Aspose.Email for .NET component. It is rather retrieved from the Exchange Server when listing messages. They are always unique and no other information is required to fetch messages from the Exchange Server.

Regards,