Question for evaluation

Currently we are evaluating ASPOSE Grid to see if it meets our needs. We have a problem trying to apply some style feature to one WebCell. Here is our aspx code

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Test.aspx.cs" Inherits="Test" Title="Untitled Page" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="agw" Namespace="Aspose.Grid.Web" Assembly="Aspose.Grid.Web" %>
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

and the codebehind

public partial class Test : System.Web.UI.Page
{
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (!IsPostBack)
{
WebWorksheet sheet = GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0];
WebCell cella = sheet.Cells["A1"];
cella.PutValue("Test");
cella.IsReadonly = true;

Aspose.Grid.Web.TableItemStyle style1 = new Aspose.Grid.Web.TableItemStyle();
style1.CopyFrom(cella.Style);
style1.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center;
style1.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle;
style1.BackColor = Color.FromName("#CCFFCC");
style1.Font.Bold = true;
cella.Style = style1;
}
}
}

All is working perfectly, but after we click the submit button the value of cell "A1" is still "Test", but the style and the backcolor is completly disappear.

Is there any way to maintain the previously applied style and colors?

Thank you,

Pietro Degani

Hi Pietro,

We found the issue after an initial test, we will figure it out soon. The issue only occurs on MS Ajax extensions.

Thank you.

Hi,

Well, after further investigation about your issue. we come to know that the issue does not depend on MS Ajax in any respect. We used your code to test with Aspose.Grid.Web <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />2.0.0.2001, 2.0.1.2000 and 2.0.1.2001. But we could not find the issue. But when we changed the value of SessionMode to ViewState, the issue appeared. We have updated .net framework 2.0 with sp2, and we used IE6.0, what is your environment.

Please change GridWeb's SessionMode to Session, it works fine.

Thank you.

I'm using Aspose.Grid.Web 2.0.0.2000 on IE8, but i found the same problem with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.8.

I've tried your suggestion changing GridWeb's SessionMode to Session and the problem disappear, but when i set the ASP.NET Session State mode on my web.config file to "SQLServer" the problem persists.

Unfortunately i need to use ASP.NET Session State mode to "SQLServer".

Please let me know what should i do to solve the problem,
thank you

Pietro Degani

Dear Pietro,

Thanks for providing us further details.

We will look into your issue and get back to you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi Pietro,

Please try the attached version v2.0.1.2003, we have fixed your issue.

Thank you.

Now it works perfectly.

Thank you,

Pietro Degani

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 8758) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.