Question of Aspose.Cells

Hello The Nanjing Team,

I have found your product on the web, the function of Aspose.Cells interested me. But I still have some question want to know about Aspose.Cells. Please tell me whether Aspose.Cells can achieve the my request.

Question A

I have a excel file which contains many sheets, and each sheet filled employee data with different format. In order to save the development time, I have no more time in formatting the sheet, So I just import each sheet data to SQL Server in one field according to different ‘Customer’, and my program reading the data from this field by Aspose.Cells. But I don’t know whether Aspose.Cells can read/write the sheet data between my program and SQL Server.

One of the sheets is as follow(This sheet was given by a certain customer):

Name Passport No. Name ID No. Passport No.

Question B

Can Aspose.Cells achieve the functions of sheet readonly and searching keywords in my program?

Question C

Does Aspose.Cells support Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2005

If Aspose.Cells can achieve my request, could you give me some sample.

Many Thanks

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Laurence.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Question A

I have a excel file which contains many sheets, and each sheet filled employee data with different format. In order to save the development time, I have no more time in formatting the sheet, So I just import each sheet data to SQL Server in one field according to different ‘Customer’, and my program reading the data from this field by Aspose.Cells. But I don’t know whether Aspose.Cells can read/write the sheet data between my program and SQL Server.

Yes, you can do it. Aspose.Cells provides some API / options to export data to fill a datatable, array etc (so later on, you may update / save the SQL server database table with it for your need using ADO.NET API). Moreover, you may import data from number of objects to fill a worksheet in the workbook too. e.g.., from datatable, datareader, datacolumn, datarow, dataview, gridview, array etc.

Please check the following documentation topics:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/exporting-data-from-worksheets.html

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/importing-data-to-worksheets.html

One of the sheets is as follow(This sheet was given by a certain customer):

Name Passport No. Name ID No. Passport No.

Question B

Can Aspose.Cells achieve the functions of sheet readonly and searching keywords in my program?

Yes, you can open a read-only sheet using Aspose.Cells and manipulate its objects. Aspose.Cells also supports to find numbers, text, formulas in the worksheet cells: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/find-or-search-data.html

Question C

Does Aspose.Cells support Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2005

Yes.

Feel free to contact us anytime if you need further clarifications and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.