Question re viewing Word documents

I’m interested in the Aspose Words for .NET/Java. You state that it doesn’t use any MS Word components but the Java demo page states you need the MS Word viewer to view your output. Why?

Also how would you characterize your quality of rendering/viewing complex Word documents vs MS Word? I read the FAQ re some printing and pagination issues so I understand there are problems. there.

Also, I would like to evaluate without going to too much trouble. Is there an application based on the .NET or Java that I can demo with my own documents?

Hello!
Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words.
Rendering engine is currently under development. We provide only limited technical support and apologize it is not mature yet. You are welcome to evaluate what is done in Aspose.Words.Viewer namespace and provide any feedback on it.
When running demo applications for Java you need a viewer to view the resulting documents, not to process anything. This is because rendering engine (Aspose.Words.Viewer) is not available for Java. Once it is firstly released for .NET platform we’ll start porting it to Java.
Of course you can evaluate any Aspose products before you decide to purchase. They can be downloaded from the site without any restrictions. There are some demos bundled with Aspose.Words distribution. Please take a look on them and let us know if you have further questions. We could advise you if we know what project you are about to develop.
Regards,