Question regarding PDF digital signing

Hello,

I’m currently working in a .NET project which requires PDF digital signing and I have a question regarding your product.

I have the following scenario, where I need to create three approval areas with fields to fill in, let’s call them “Approval Area 1”, “Approval Area 2” and “Approval Area 3”. In each approval area I will need to have digital signature fields and also text areas.

When I fill in Area 1 and digitally sign the document the first time (using the digital signature field in this area), the document or Area 1 should get locked and unmodifiable, while Area 2 and Area 3 stay editable. Then, a second user fills in Area 2 and digitally signs the second time, which results on Area 2 getting locked and unmodifiable, while Area 3 stays editable. Finally, when Area 3 is filled by a third user and signed, using the digital signature field, the entire document should be locked and all the 3 digital signature should remain valid.

Is it possible to programmatically create those areas and sequentially lock them with each digital signature like the described scenario?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

@SRego

Thank you for contacting support.

We would like to share with you that Signatures are applied on Document level in a PDF file and they stay valid until no modifications are made to that signed document. However, there could be multiple signatures on a single PDF document. Nevertheless, if you are able to achieve your requirements using Adobe Acrobat then please share the steps to be followed as well as the sample PDF file so that we may investigate further, in that case.