Questions about ASPOSE Words revision status

On ASPOSE words document, I read

Aspose.Words

Paragraph.IsInsertRevision Property
Returns true if this object was deleted in Microsoft Word while change tracking was enabled.
I think the “deleted” should be inserted.
I have a document which has paragraphs like A,B,C… After B I add a B2, so like A,B,B2,C
But when I go through it, I found the B is marked true with IsInsertRevision, isn’t that wrong? should not it be the B2? In my test IsInsertRevision on B2 returns false.
Also, is there a way to tell if a paragraph is modifed or not? I only see IsInsertRevision and IsDeleteRevision, I don’t see one for modify revision.
Thanks for help.

Hi

Thanks for your request.

1. Yes, you are right; this is just a typo in the documentation. We will correct it.
  2. Aspose.Words returns correct values. If you open your document in MS Word and show all markup, you will see that paragraph break of the B paragraph is red (inserted) and body of B1 is red. This is because you have placed cursor to the end of the B paragraph and insert B1. I attached sample document.
  3. No, there is no way to mark paragraph as modified. Aspose.Words just read revisions from the Word document. Also currently, there is no way to track changes made programmatically. This is the issue #1121 in our defect database.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-754) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(9)