Questions about distributing the license file of Aspose.Cells

Dear Sir or Madam

We are using Aspose.Cells for Java.
When introducing an application that we have created, without distributing the license file of Aspose.Cells for Java, it works as an evaluation version to customers. I would like to ask you following questions based on the above.

1. Is there a way to run as a full version without distributing a license file to customers?
2. If we need to distribute licenses to customers, there is a possibility that the license file is distributed to others fraudulently. Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with them in general?

I would appreciate your prompt reply.

Hi,

Well, the license file is a plain XML file and you have to deliver the license file with the application to clients as without a license (also setting the license in your cards), the component will run in evaluation mode (in limitations) and cannot perform the tasks in full capacity.

The license file (.lic) file is not copied, while publishing the application in the deployment process. So, you would require to manually copy the license file to the target server. If you need the underlying license file should be deployed during the publishing process, well, I think as a workaround, you can try to rename the license file i.e., “Aspose.Cells.lic” to “AsposeCells.txt” (but never change the contents of the license file least it won’t work anymore) and change your licensing code as follows (you may also set the license as embbedded resource if you want):

Aspose.Cells.License lic = new Aspose.Cells.License();

lic.SetLicense(licfile);

wherelicfile” contains the string path of “AsposeCells.txt”.

Now, when you deploy the application, the license file is also copied with the application.

And, for your other doubts, please contact Aspose.Purchase team, you may post a query in Aspose.Purchase forum, they may reply you and help you soon there.

Thank you.